Can she do it? Yes/No

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
hmcm

Can she do it? Yes/No

Post by hmcm »

Hi

I am an inquisitive computer user, everything I’ve learnt has been self taught through the support of good people like yourselves on forums like this.

I work for a small non-profit organisations and the only way we will survive is by attracting additional business. In our own small way we are managing to do this quite well but recording the hours worked on the various jobs is a nightmare. I created a colour coded timesheet in excel but the time it takes to go through this at the end of the month is a nightmare.

I've been looking for an open source package that could help us with this and TimeTrex seems to be the program to do the job. So my question is..... Will I be able to install and manage this with the help and support from this forum?

Our website is drupal 5.1 which was set up for us. I've managed to install a test site locally, using WampServer, that I use to try things out. phplist is something I have been looking at as I can see a market locally and the potential to add another small income stream but right now other things are a priority and having an easier to manage timesheet/time tracking system is right at the top of the list.

So understanding this kind of technology is a road I’ve already just about stepped out on and have the motivation to learn.

I pretty sure we don't have the right system requirements looking at the status report in drupal it says

Web server Zeus/4.3
MySQL database 5.0.58
PHP 4.4.8

But not having the right system requirements isn't a problem as we will need to find a new host soon anyway so I can look for one that fits the requirements.

So what do you think - am I a lost cause or with a little help from some new friends could I do it? :wink: