Errors during Install on Ubuntu 9.10

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
MickG01

Errors during Install on Ubuntu 9.10

Post by MickG01 »

While the install is running in a terminal on Ubuntu 9.10 I get the following:

Error running gksu -u postgres "/home/mick/TimeTrex/postgresql/bin/pg_ctl" start : child process exited abnormally

Error running /home/mick/TimeTrex/postgresql/bin/psql -U postgres -p 5433 -h localhost -c "CREATE ROLE timetrex LOGIN PASSWORD '7b76c983d' SUPERUSER CREATEDB CREATEROLE VALID UNTIL 'infinity';" : psql.bin: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5433?

My Apache on LocalHost has only Port 80 enabled and I'm not an Apache expert.

I suspect I need to enable port 8085, how?

On my first unstall try postgres was not installed so I uninstalled TimeTrex, installed Postgres then tried installing TimeTrex again with the above results.

I'm expecting answers proving my inexperience.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It sounds like you are using the automated installer to install TimeTrex on Ubuntu. While that shouldn't be a problem, it can conflict if you have existing Apache or PostgreSQL installations already on your system.

Ubuntu is pretty easy to work with, you may want to try our manual install .ZIP file instead.
heatheriac

Re: Errors during Install on Ubuntu 9.10

Post by heatheriac »

I'm having a similar issue, the problem that I have is I was doing an upgrade from a previous version. As I recall, the manual install version doesn't have support for backup/restore of the database, it's something the user is supposed to manually do from the database.

I ended up having to dump everything from my prior installation except for the timetrex.php (with my SALT) and the db backup that I did this morning.

I'm starting to feel almost like I'm completely screwed and have to restore the last years timekeeping from scratch.