SOAP missing

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
chrisf8657

SOAP missing

Post by chrisf8657 »

Hi.
I am trying to install Timetrex to evaulate it for our company and has run into a problem. On the Requirements check page, everything is OK except for:

PHP SOAP Enabled: Warning: Not Installed. (SOAP extension must be enabled)

I have the SOAP extension in the PHP directory, as far as I can tell is enabled.

Please help.
mikeb

Re: SOAP missing

Post by mikeb »

chrisf8657 wrote:Hi.
I am trying to install Timetrex to evaulate it for our company and has run into a problem. On the Requirements check page, everything is OK except for:

PHP SOAP Enabled: Warning: Not Installed. (SOAP extension must be enabled)

I have the SOAP extension in the PHP directory, as far as I can tell is enabled.

Please help.
You can confirm that SOAP is actually installed and loaded by clicking on the "Detailed PHP Information" link at the bottom of the requirements page, then searching for "SOAP". Chances are the extension is on your system but just not being loaded. You need to make sure there is a line like:

Linux:
extension = soap.so

Windows:
extension = php_soap.dll

In your php.ini file somewhere. Once it is, if you restart Apache everything should be good.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Das Goat

No SOAP

Post by Das Goat »

I tried changing the php.ini file, but that didn't do anything.

Fortunately, I am using PHP 5.2.2 (i think) and it has a windows instalation program. Just re-run it and selects to add the SOAP extentions. Restart IIS.
electrogoodie

Post by electrogoodie »

And then? What happened?
Melon shake
Hago
SCMDirector

Post by SCMDirector »

I cannot get it either. I am running PHP 5.1.6 and it is not there. I added the extension to the php.ini and copied it to all subfolders with no luck. I am installing it on a hosted server. Would the host have to enable this somewhere on their end?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It depends on your hosting provider. Everyone is different, and many have some very specific PHP setups. The best thing is to talk to them and have them help you.

Alternatively you can try our Linux/Windows installers for v2.1.0-rc1.
SCMDirector

Post by SCMDirector »

shaunw wrote:It depends on your hosting provider. Everyone is different, and many have some very specific PHP setups. The best thing is to talk to them and have them help you.

Alternatively you can try our Linux/Windows installers for v2.1.0-rc1.
I tried the Linux installer but still ran into the same problem. I asked my host about SOAP and their response was that it is not enabled and they have no plans on enabling it in the future. Guess that is where it ends...

Thanks for your help Shaun
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yup, I would find a different hosting provider, or look into our On-Demand deployment option.

Not offering SOAP in PHP is pretty bad since its an extremely common module.
adarsh

Post by adarsh »

everything is ok in my service provider but he says " the SOAP extension is not installed in our server. You can use soap as PEAR Modules:SOAP 0.9.1 beta". can you help me with this how to do it.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex requires the PHP SOAP extension to be installed.