Stuck on admin set-up page

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Diggy

Stuck on admin set-up page

Post by Diggy »

Hi, Folks.

So, I'm now past the intsallation issues. That's the good news. When I login as the Timetrex admin, I'm taken to the Edit Employee page. I add the required information (denoted with a red asterisk), but when I hit the submit button, I'm brought back to this page. When I try to navigate to another task/page, I'm broght back to the Edit Employee page. And, every time I'm brought back, the top of the page reads, "Welcome to TimeTrex, since this is your first time logging in, we need you to fill out the following information". That's the bad news.

Must I fill in each and every field on that page. It appears that Timetrex treats the Admin as an employee, based on all the information one could fill in. I personally would want the Timetrex Admin not to be an employee. That notwithstanding, how can I fix this issue?

Thanks.

Diggy
mikeb

Re: Stuck on admin set-up page

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Hi, Folks.

So, I'm now past the intsallation issues. That's the good news. When I login as the Timetrex admin, I'm taken to the Edit Employee page. I add the required information (denoted with a red asterisk), but when I hit the submit button, I'm brought back to this page. When I try to navigate to another task/page, I'm broght back to the Edit Employee page. And, every time I'm brought back, the top of the page reads, "Welcome to TimeTrex, since this is your first time logging in, we need you to fill out the following information". That's the bad news.

Must I fill in each and every field on that page. It appears that Timetrex treats the Admin as an employee, based on all the information one could fill in. I personally would want the Timetrex Admin not to be an employee. That notwithstanding, how can I fix this issue?

Thanks.

Diggy

The denoted fields are actually all that is required when the admin creates a new employee. The first time logging in though it requires you fill out specific other fields which should be denoted in a different way I suppose. These fields are:

Address1
City
Postal/Zip Code
Home Phone
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Unfortunately, that didn't work. The required information sticks when entered via Edit Employee, except for the password and password confirm fields, which are returned empty, and the state field, which always default to Alabama (I'm not even remotely close to there :-) ). I'm still unable to navigate to any other page.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Unfortunately, that didn't work. The required information sticks when entered via Edit Employee, except for the password and password confirm fields, which are returned empty, and the state field, which always default to Alabama (I'm not even remotely close to there :-) ). I'm still unable to navigate to any other page.
You don't need to worry about the password fields, they will always be blank. If you fill them out it will change the password, then they will be blank again.

So are you saying all the fields I listed in my previous post are filled in, and it still won't let you continue? Have you tried logging out, and logging back in, or clearing your browsers cache?
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

I've tried your suggestions - no go.
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Oops, I omitted the zip code. All's well now. Apologies. At least I now undertsand the minimum fields required.