Maintenance warning

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Diggy

Maintenance warning

Post by Diggy »

Here I go again:

I have the latest version installed, and find this warning emblazoned across the top of Timetrex:

WARNING: TimeTrex maintenance jobs have not run in the last 48hours. Please contact your TimeTrex administrator immediately.

If that refers to the cron job that should run (cron.php), I have it installed, but it apparently doesn't do anything. If it's not the cron job, there's nothing in the admin. manual or within Timetrex that I can find that will clear this up.

What is this "maintenance", and how do I perform it?

Diggy
mikeb

Re: Maintenance warning

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Here I go again:

I have the latest version installed, and find this warning emblazoned across the top of Timetrex:

WARNING: TimeTrex maintenance jobs have not run in the last 48hours. Please contact your TimeTrex administrator immediately.

If that refers to the cron job that should run (cron.php), I have it installed, but it apparently doesn't do anything. If it's not the cron job, there's nothing in the admin. manual or within Timetrex that I can find that will clear this up.

What is this "maintenance", and how do I perform it?

Diggy
That error message is referring to cron jobs. (on Linux at least) Make sure you see cron.php being run in your cron log file every minute, after it has run for 24hrs straight that message should disappear. You can try to run the cron.php command manually without the "> /dev/null" at the end to see if you are getting any error messages.

One other thing I would try is to delete all files/directories in your TimeTrex cache directory, sometimes those can cause issues.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

This is probably my bad, but I lifted the cron job command directly from one of the Timetrex install pages. It turns out that it pointed to the wrong location for cron.php. Now that it's corrected (on my system, /var/www/html/timetrex/maint/cron.php), the cron job appears to be running every minute, as expected. We'll see tomorrow if the maintenance warning is gone.

Diggy
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:This is probably my bad, but I lifted the cron job command directly from one of the Timetrex install pages. It turns out that it pointed to the wrong location for cron.php. Now that it's corrected (on my system, /var/www/html/timetrex/maint/cron.php), the cron job appears to be running every minute, as expected. We'll see tomorrow if the maintenance warning is gone.

Diggy
What was the command TimeTrex gave you? If it wasn't correct assuming you didn't move the files, it sounds like it could be a bug.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!