On Demand Timetrex

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
earth17

On Demand Timetrex

Post by earth17 »

I am trying out the On Demand timetrex. It keeps timing my session out. Why and can this be adjusted? It will not let me log right back in it makes me wait a few minutes.
shaunw

Re: On Demand Timetrex

Post by shaunw »

Session timeout is around 8 hours, so if its happening earlier than this it likely has to do with your browser or computer deleting cookies.
earth17

Post by earth17 »

I have tried both Firefox and IE and both do the samething. I looked at the cookies settings and do not see anything that should be causing this. Is there anything that I can do.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

After you login successfully, how long does the session last typically before it times out on you?
earth17

Post by earth17 »

It depends sometimes it a minute other time it does it immediately.

Right now it won't even let me in. I log in and it automaticaly says session timeout.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I checked our logs and in some cases it appears that your IP address is changing, which for security reasons invalidates your session. The only other reason that would cause this is cookies being deleted in your web browser.

The session is definitely not expiring on our end.
earth17

Post by earth17 »

What can I do to stop this? We only have one IP address coming into the building from our ISP
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

According to our records your username was logged in from at least two different IPs in the last day. One ended in XXX.XXX.182.34 and the other XXX.XXX.182.35, so they were very close, but they still changed of course, and that invalidates your session.

If this is the cause, unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about it as its likely on your ISP's end. Unless you have some sort of internet load balancer in place that is causing it.
earth17

Post by earth17 »

the .34 is our router's IP address and the .35 is our citrix gateway to access are computers remotely