Can't Access Port 8085 Inside LAN!

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
litte1918

Can't Access Port 8085 Inside LAN!

Post by litte1918 »

Hi everyone,
forgive me for posting something that may have been addressed, but I did a search and read every topic related to "8085" and I couldn't find the answer I need so here goes..

I installed a new fresh install of TimeTrex using the automatic installer on a Win Server 2008 R2 box that is the only server in the domain. So it runs AD, DNS, and everything else, no problems or anything. I was able to access the TimeTrex interface on Firefox on the server using the server's address "localhost:8085/interface/flex", or by using it's IP address, "192.168.2.24:8085". However, when I use that same IP address, 192.168.2.24:8085 on any other computer in the LAN, I get an error saying that the browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) can't connect. When I remove the ":8085", I can access the internal website for the LAN with no problem, it's just getting to Port 8085 that is my main issue now. Does anyone know if I need to make any changes to IIS or anything like that? I thought by using the automatic installer, the changes were already made to IIS.
I used to have an older version of TimeTrex on another server and I never once had this issue, it's really quite perplexing as I have no idea why I can't access port 8085 but connecting to the main website of the server works just fine. I disabled my antivirus/firewall software and even tried on a recently refreshed computer with no antivirus or anything, just Google Chrome, and still it doesn't connect.

Please help me if you can, I am totally stuck on this one. DNS works fine, I can resolve the name of the server to the IP address with no issue, it's just connecting to port 8085 from inside the LAN that is my issue now.
shaunw

Re: Can't Access Port 8085 Inside LAN!

Post by shaunw »

The TimeTrex automated installer doesn't actually use IIS, it has a built-in web server it uses.

It sounds like you have a firewall setup to block port 8085.
davehanson1

Post by davehanson1 »

I'm having a similar problem. I verified that my server is not blocking port 8085.
anthonym

Post by anthonym »

Please help! I can't connect either. when using the IP address:8085 I get a network timeout. ive attached the log file.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

anthonym wrote:Please help! I can't connect either. when using the IP address:8085 I get a network timeout. ive attached the log file.
According to the log file you attached, it shows access from the IP address: 10.245.41.57, I don't see any evidence of a problem in the log file.