Non-standard LDAP ports

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
hmuludiang

Non-standard LDAP ports

Post by hmuludiang »

Hello:

I have just installed TimeTrex 5.3.3, and working on getting it configured.

I am attempting to configure the LDAP authentication, and through search the forum I found what I needed. However, in my particular setup, I am using a non-standard LDAP port, and I was wondering if that would be an issue.

For my LDAP config, I have:

Server: 192.168.36.9
Port: 390
Bind User Name cn=zentyalro,dc=......
Bind Password: ######
Base DN: ou=Users,dc=.......
Bind Attribute: uid

From the logs, I have:

DEBUG [L0058] [68ms]: <b>APIAuthentication::Login()</b>: User Name: hmuludiang Password Length: 8 Type: USER_NAME<br>
DEBUG [L0558] [68ms]: <b>Authentication::Login()</b>: Login Type: USER_NAME<br>
DEBUG [L0260] [90ms]: <b>Authentication::checkCompanyStatus()</b>: Company Status: 10<br>
DEBUG [L0231] [93ms]: <b>TTLDAP::authenticate()</b>: LDAP: Host: 192.168.36.9 Port: 389 Bind User Name: cn=zentyalro,dc=prometheusradio,dc=org Bind Password: ################# Bind DN: uid=hmuludiang,ou=Users,dc=prometheusradio,dc=org Base DN: ou<br>
DEBUG [L0231] [93ms]: <b>TTLDAP::authenticate()</b>: =Users,dc=prometheusradio,dc=org Bind Authentication Mode: 0 Password: #########<br>
DEBUG [L0249] [95ms]: <b>TTLDAP::authenticate()</b>: LDAP BindUser Authentication Mode...<br>
DEBUG [L0252] [96ms]: <b>TTLDAP::authenticate()</b>: LDAP Connection Result: 1<br>
DEBUG [L0259] [96ms]: <b>TTLDAP::authenticate()</b>: LDAP Filter User: <br>
DEBUG [L0328] [96ms]: <b>TTLDAP::authenticate()</b>: LDAP authentication result: 0 Total Time: 0.0037000179290771s<br>
DEBUG [L0691] [96ms]: <b>UserFactory::checkPassword()</b>: LDAP authentication failed, falling back to local password...<br>

Oh - if I set debug level to 11 I get a network timeout when trying to log in.

Hope someone can assist me.

Thanks!
shaunw

Re: Non-standard LDAP ports

Post by shaunw »

The port shouldn't make any difference and according to the logs it shows that a connection was made successfully.

However it appears that no filter was specified, and you aren't using bind authentication mode, so it wasn't able to do the authentication properly and therefore failed.