Installation Failure at Company Page

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
BDJ

Installation Failure at Company Page

Post by BDJ »

Hello,
After talking with TimeTrex reps about potentially hosting for us and determining that some of our requirements may or may not require custom modifications to the software, I decided to try to download and install the community version to kick the tires a bit. Unfortunately, I can only go so far in the installation without getting stuck. So, based on the FAQ, here's the info...

1. Clearly state what is happening, or what isn't happening that you feel should. If there are any error messages include the FULL EXACT error message.

Installation initially stalls on the database creation step but then hangs at the Company data entry screen.

2. Clearly state the EXACT steps you took before the issue occurred, or steps to reproduce the issue. Providing screenshots can help greatly if it is possible.

Downloaded and unzipped the TimeTrex_Community_Edition_v7.1.2 file into the base directory for my webserver. ('/www/zendsvr6/htdocs/timetrex'). Then gave full permissions to the folder and subtree for the web user. Renamed the config file and modified it to point to the correct directories for logs, storage and cache. Created a database named timetrex in MySQL and created user timetrex giving full permissions to the timetrex database. Pointed my browser to http://<myServer>/timetrex/interface/install/install.php. Passed requirements checking and accepted the license agreement. Filled in the database information screen and successfully tested the connection. <<< Next screen appears showing completion counter but it remains at 1% - even after waiting for 30 minutes>> A check of the database indicates that 129 tables were created. It appears that the database table creation step completed and refreshing the screen, the counter quickly arrives at 100%. Now presented with an screen showing locations for logs, storage and cache directories. Pressing <next>, I'm presented with a screen for entering the Company data. I enter the company data and press <next> but the screen just sits until it times out. Looking at the company table in the database shows that the data was written to the company record. <<<This is where I'm stuck but maybe in actuality everything did not complete successfully in the database creation step above.>>>

3. What version of TimeTrex you are running, specifically. (stating "the latest version" is not specific enough)

TimeTrex_Community_Edition_v7.1.2

4. What operating system and version you are running.

Installing on Zend Server 6.1 running on an IBM Power Server.

5. How did you install TimeTrex, using the automated executable installer, or the manual .ZIP file?

Manual install using the zip file.

If you used the manual .ZIP file to install TimeTrex, or are asked to provide debug information, please also include the following information:

1. What version of PHP you are using.

PHP 5.4

2. What database and version you are using.

MySQL 5.1.59

3. What web server you are using.

Zend Server 6.1 (Uses Apache)

4. Have you configured PHP to log errors to a file, and what errors are showing up in this file?
("error_log = <filename>" in PHP.INI)

See attached file: <log - PHP.txt>

5. In your TimeTrex.ini.php file, set the following under the [debug] section:
enable = TRUE
enable_display = TRUE
buffer_output = TRUE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 10
Reproduce the issue and include any relevant information from the TimeTrex log file in your post.

See attached file: <log - timetrex.txt>

TIA for any assistance you can provide.
Attachments
log - PHP.txt
(404.74 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
log - timetrex.txt
(743.8 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
shaunw

Re: Installation Failure at Company Page

Post by shaunw »

I don't see any errors in the TimeTrex log file, but it appears as though your database is extremely slow. It took over 2 seconds to just save a single record and after 550 seconds was still working on saving data. Normally that should be around 2ms, so its several thousand times slower than expected.

There are errors in your PHP log file that look strange though, not sure how they relate to the actual problem though.