timezone error

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
ldddavid

timezone error

Post by ldddavid »

I upgraded to version 7.2.2 and everything seemed to go well. I received the error WARNING: TimeTrex was unable to set your time zone. Please contact your TimeTrex administrator immediately. I followed the instructions and still get the error. the 4 timezone tables appear in the db. Today no punches were saved, what can i try to fix this.
shaunw

Re: timezone error

Post by shaunw »

ldddavid

Post by ldddavid »

1. Clearly state what is happening, or what isn't happening that you feel should. If there are any error messages include the FULL EXACT error message.
a) WARNING: TimeTrex was unable to set your time zone. Please contact your TimeTrex administrator immediately.
b) punches are not being saved. no error appears when saving the punch the data just does not appear.

2. Clearly state the EXACT steps you took before the issue occurred, or steps to reproduce the issue. Providing screenshots can help greatly if it is possible.

I upgraded from a previous version, everything appears ok and the data seemed to upgrade ok, but there are two issues as stated in item #1. to reproduce i just login and the timezone error appears. to reproduce the punch issue I select the attendance menu and timesheet, click in/out and populate the screen, after the save no data shows up.

I have tried to recreate the tables using mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -p -u root mysql . the tables did not exist, so i created them and then populated them using the command described.

3. What version of TimeTrex you are running, specifically. (stating "the latest version" is not specific enough) 7.2.2

4. What operating system and version you are running. Linux 2.6.32-042stab083.2

5. How did you install TimeTrex, using the automated executable installer, or the manual .ZIP file? i upgraded from a working version using the manual installation

If you used the manual .ZIP file to install TimeTrex, or are asked to provide debug information, please also include the following information:

1. What version of PHP you are using. PHP Version 5.2.17

2. What database and version you are using. MySQL 5.0.96-community

3. What web server you are using. Apache version 2.2.23
Attachments
timetrex.zip
timetrex.zip contains exports of the timezone tables and the timetrex.log file
(980.44 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Under MyAccount -> Preferences, what timezone do you have set, and what are you located?
ldddavid

Post by ldddavid »

we are located in the denver MST timezone
the timezone shows gmt-7
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Try changing it to America/Denver instead.
ldddavid

Post by ldddavid »

I just changed it and refreshed the browser, same issue. that did not make any difference.
ldddavid

Post by ldddavid »

would you have any other suggestions or troubleshooting techniques?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

My only guess is that your MySQL timezones are not correct and its returning an error when TimeTrex attempts to switch the timezone. Check your MySQL error logs to see if you can find any specific errors there.