Upgrading Database stuck at 1% after migrating

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
redlinemotosports

Upgrading Database stuck at 1% after migrating

Post by redlinemotosports »

Had to reset our main computer that hosted all of our timetrex data. Created a backup of the entire c:\timetrex to dropbox as well as the timetrex_database. I've migrated from one computer to another in the past without issue so I figured it would essesntially be the same procedure to "migrate" to the freshly wiped pc.

Using the automated installer for windows, followed the steps in the FAQ for migrating from one pc to another, however after I choose to complete the install it never gets past 1% at upgrading database.

I have tried installing 7.3.3, 7.3.4, and 7.3.5 since I couldnt recall which version was previously installed, all with the same results.

Any ideas?
shaunw

Re: Upgrading Database stuck at 1% after migrating

Post by shaunw »

Can you describe the exact steps you took to migrate the database?
redlinemotosports

1) deleted everything above "\connect timetrex" on my most recent timetrex_database.sql file and resaved
2) using the command prompt: "cd c:\timetrex" then "restore_database.bat c:\temp\timetrex_database.sql" hit enter twice and it runs for 30 seconds or so
3)copy the "salt=###" from the saved timetrex.ini.php to the new file on C:\timetrex
4) complete the installer
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What is the size of your c:\temp\timetrex_database.sql file? A 30 second database import sounds like it must be extremely small, or it completely failed.
redlinemotosports

18.8mb
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When you say you "complete the installer", what exactly are you doing?
redlinemotosports

Just clicking "finish" on the installer with the box checked to launch the program once installed. I Uninstalled it and ran it again, this time using an older database that I had backed up and it worked fine. There must be an issue with the most recent database that I had saved. Its working for now, just a couple weeks out of date. Not ideal but I can make it work. I'm assuming theres no correcting the most current database? The database that worked for me is 34.7mb so the other one is clearly missing something.

Thanks for trying to help me out. This software works great for us, keep up the good work!
redlinemotosports

I going to try comparing the two databases side by side to determine whats missing