Syntax error in timetrex.ini.php

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
pribis

Syntax error in timetrex.ini.php

Post by pribis »

I was getting the: "WARNING: TimeTrex automatic upgrade has failed due to a system error! Please contact your TimeTrex administrator immediately to re-run the TimeTrex installer to correct the issue."

So I decided to run the installer again. It went through the various checks and everything was ok except that it said a newer version was available. 7.3.7 (I am on 7.3.6). I'm using the manual install (I'm on FreeBSD).

However, when I move my config to the new install and run the installer, I am told there is a syntax error in my timetrex.ini.php file and that I should make sure my password is enclosed in quotes. My password IS quoted. If I use this same ini in the older installation everything works fine.

a) What is going on?
b) Why suddenly, out of the blue, am I getting the warning about the upgrade failing?
shaunw

Re: Syntax error in timetrex.ini.php

Post by shaunw »

When you say the "new install" what do you mean exactly? Were you trying to upgrade to v7.3.7 during that time? Can you post your timetrex.ini.php file here and a screenshot showing the exact error message?
pribis

Re: Syntax error in timetrex.ini.php

Post by pribis »

Well, that is odd. I didn't change a thing and ran the install.php on the new version and it is working. Seriously, I didn't touch it at all. The red banner is still showing on the older version, so I know I'm not dreaming....I think.