Timezone errors, cant log in on fresh install.

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
voca

Timezone errors, cant log in on fresh install.

Post by voca »

Just done a fresh install of Timetrex on a CentOS 6 server and after logging in
the page doesn't refresh to the main interface.

I've enabled debug mode and in the logs a get the following repeating over and over :
DEBUG [L0315] [60ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): PHP ERROR - WARNING(2): strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case y
DEBUG [L0315] [60ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): ou used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select
DEBUG [L0315] [60ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): your timezone. File: /apache/www.voca.me.uk/htdocs/tms/classes/pear/ ... Locale.php Line: 315
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): #0.Debug::backTrace()
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): #1.Debug::ErrorHandler(2, strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to selec
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): t your timezone., /apache/www.voca.me.uk/htdocs/tms/classes/pear/ ... Locale.php, 315, Array(21))
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): #2.strftime(%b, 644288461)
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): #3.I18Nv2_Locale->initialize(en_GB)
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): #4.I18Nv2_Locale->setLocale(en_GB, 6)
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): #5.TTi18n::setLocale(en_GB, 6)
DEBUG [L0315] [61ms]: Debug::ErrorHandler(): #6.TTi18n::chooseBestLocale()
Any ideas ?
shaunw

Re: Timezone errors, cant log in on fresh install.

Post by shaunw »

Set a default timezone in your php.ini file, or in the timetrex.ini.php file using something like:

[other]
system_timezone = PST8PDT