restore the old configuration & DB

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
maroon

restore the old configuration & DB

Post by maroon »

Hello,

I've faced a problem on my OS so I had to re-install the OS from scratch. of course after installing the OS I've installed Apache2triad from scratch too, I could retrieve the old timetrex folder from htdocs. but I have no idea how to restore the old data since a lots of entries had made on it so I need to resotre the users db n users entries. what are the steps I have to do to to restore and run my timetrex with an old configuration
help is appreciated
Regard,
mikeb

Re: restore the old configuration & DB

Post by mikeb »

maroon wrote:Hello,

I've faced a problem on my OS so I had to re-install the OS from scratch. of course after installing the OS I've installed Apache2triad from scratch too, I could retrieve the old timetrex folder from htdocs. but I have no idea how to restore the old data since a lots of entries had made on it so I need to resotre the users db n users entries. what are the steps I have to do to to restore and run my timetrex with an old configuration
help is appreciated
Regard,
All you need to do is create a SQL dump file from your old database, and import that into your new database. As well you need to copy the timetrex.ini.php over so your passwords still work. You'll need to lookup the documentation for your specific database to find out exactly how to do this.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
maroon

Post by maroon »

Mikeb thnks for your reply

but can you please go more in details about sql-dump and restoring it after converting the db to txt
and what if i copied the php.ini to the new timetrex folder? am I able to follow the first procedures to complete the installation of timetrex!
thnk you
Regards,
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

maroon wrote:Mikeb thnks for your reply

but can you please go more in details about sql-dump and restoring it after converting the db to txt
and what if i copied the php.ini to the new timetrex folder? am I able to follow the first procedures to complete the installation of timetrex!
thnk you
Regards,
Here are the basic steps you need to do:

1. Dump your old database to a SQL file
2. Copy the TimeTrex folder to your new computer
3. Load SQL file into new database on new computer
4. Run the TimeTrex installer to confirm your new computer
meets all the requirements.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!