login issues

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
cmorasch

login issues

Post by cmorasch »

I have read the other post Login by bhughes on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:15 am. However that all checked out.

I have the TimeTrex installed on Win 2003 SBS Prem. I can login from any computer on the LAN network, except one which connects through a VPN. I can pull the login page just fine, but it will not go to the next page. The same workstation works great with a couple other programs installed on the server, so it is not a network issue.

Any ideas?

Thank You!
Chris
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please provide more details about your installation.

Version, how you installed it, web server, database, etc...
cmorasch

additional info

Post by cmorasch »

I have standard version 2.2.15 installed on a intranet server Windows 2003 SBS Prem, It is only used for internal email. the database is PostgresSQL which TimeTrex installed it self.

Hope that was all you needed.
Chris
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

So you used the TimeTrex automated Windows installer to install TimeTrex? Did you make any custom changes or settings to it at all?

The only reason I can see not being able to login is because the browser is either:

A. Not getting the TimeTrex session cookie.
B. Not saving the TimeTrex session cookie.
C. Not sending the TimeTrex session cookie back to TimeTrex so it knows its currently logged in.
D. Not sending the TimeTrex session cookie back to TimeTrex from the same IP address that it was originally obtained from.

Since it works from within your network, but not outside, it leads me to believe that your VPN or something else such as the browser or some other software is causing the issue, which would of course be outside the control of TimeTrex.

The first thing I would do, if possible, is to take a computer that currently works to connect to login to TimeTrex and connect it through the VPN to see if it continues to work. If not, we know its your VPN causing the issue.
cmorasch

cookies

Post by cmorasch »

I've got 3 different cookies in my browser, set from the TimeTrex on the server. I also have tried using two different browsers like IE & Firefox. I can't hook up another workstation through the VPN because the other end of that same VPN is 5 states away. I'll double check the settings on the VPN, but I don't think that is the issue.
Chris
cmorasch

found the issue I think

Post by cmorasch »

I think I found the issue, with the firewall lets hope!!

Thank you for your time!
Chris