Configure Document Size

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
fr4nkie

Configure Document Size

Post by fr4nkie »

My reports are being printed or saved to pdf as 9.1 x 11.6 inch. I would like the reports to be scaled to the 8.5 x 11 inch standard to match my other documents. Is there an easy way to change this configuration?
shaunw

Re: Configure Document Size

Post by shaunw »

Please attach an example PDF report here showing the issue.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

Hi Shaun,

PDF is attached. It seems like this is only affecting the custom reports. The paystub PDFs are created as the 8.5 by 11 inch format.
Attachments
tax_summary_report_2014_09_01.pdf
(51.31 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In cases where the number of columns displayed on the report are too wide to fit on a normal 8.5x11 inch piece of paper, TimeTrex automatically increases the size so the specified columns will fit.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

Is there a default report which gives numbers for monthly tax deposits that I could use instead? Or a way to resize the columns? There is a lot of wasted space on most of the columns.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

I just played around with the default Form 941 template and it seems to use the same enlarged dimensions. Is there a way to scale the report down? Reduce the font? Anything?
shanec

Post by shanec »

What are you trying to achieve by resizing the report layout?
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

I save PDF copies of reports and append them to the tax deposit receipt. The tax deposit receipt is the standard 8.5 x 11 inch size, so the multipage document ends up having different print margins per page.

The document cannot be printed properly without selecting the option to fit to printer margins. Otherwise it gets cut off. I'm trying to get the document to fit the standard page size to avoid having to print a hard copy (resized by the printer) and scan as PDF to the proper page size.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

When the document is generated in portrait orientation, the columns seem to be slightly reduced (see attachments). Can we get the columns to reduce in the same manner when generated in landscape?

There is ample space for the data being reported on. It doesn't seem like it would be a problem to fit everything within the dimensions of the standard page size. Can I get a developer's input on this? I do have some support hours available if further discussion is needed. Thank you.
Attachments
landscape.pdf
(51.36 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
portrait.pdf
(51.34 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you login to our public demo located here: http://demo.timetrex.com/interface/html ... sword=demo and see if the page sizes are proper for the same reports there?
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

The demo is giving just a slightly larger document size for the same report. I am still a couple versions behind on my production server, so I will update tonight and see if it reduces down at all.

I ran a default tax summary and a customized one which reflects the same fields given on my report. The 11 inch width (in landscape) of this document fits well, but the 8.6 length is slightly off. A .1 inch discrepancy is much better than the margins I was dealing with, but would still be nice if the report matched the standard size exactly.

See attachments
Attachments
tax_summary_report_2014_09_02 (custom).pdf
(58.48 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
tax_summary_report_2014_09_02 (default).pdf
(56.84 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you try the demo again and see if its more accurate now?

I passed this issue on the developers and they discovered a couple bugs, so the fixes haven't been released yet, but we wanted to be sure we were on the same page as far as the problem was concerned.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

Just tested. Works perfectly. Dimensions fit the 8.5 x 11 inch standard. Is this something that will be patched in the next update?
Attachments
tax_summary_report_2014_09_02.pdf
(58.48 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, this fix will be included in the next version of TimeTrex when its released.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

Thanks Shaun. I appreciate the help. Looking forward to the update.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

Issue is fixed in 7.4.2. Thanks again!