City Taxes

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
obevans

City Taxes

Post by obevans »

Hi,

How can I include city taxes in Timetrex? For example, if the city is New York City, I want this name to appear on the W2 form and the taxes shown in the local wages and taxes column of the form.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
ob
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Go to Admin -> Payroll -> Tax / Deductions and add a new Tax with the calculation type of: District / County Income Tax Formula. You can then select the country/state and in your case New York City.

By using that calculation type any amounts calculated will appear on W2's automatically.
obevans

Post by obevans »

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the quick response to my question.

However, how can I change the default District Income Tax that appearsn pay stubs to NY City Tax?

Thank so much.

ob
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When you setup the Tax / Deduction, the amounts calculated will appear on the pay stub as whatever Pay Stub Account you select. So we recommend creating a New York City Employee Deduction pay stub account, or using the default District/County Income Tax Pay Stub Account.
obevans

Post by obevans »

shaunw wrote:When you setup the Tax / Deduction, the amounts calculated will appear on the pay stub as whatever Pay Stub Account you select. So we recommend creating a New York City Employee Deduction pay stub account, or using the default District/County Income Tax Pay Stub Account.
Hi Shaunw,

Thanks again.

How can I change the default District/County Income Tax to New York City Tax?

Do I have to do the changes programmatically? If yes, how should I proceed in terms of the path to access the file to do the changes.

Thanks,

ob
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

No files need to be changed, when adding the Tax / Deduction you can simply select New York City. If you want a specifically named Pay Stub Account simply change or create one under Admin -> Payroll -> Pay Stub Accounts.
obevans

Post by obevans »

shaunw wrote:No files need to be changed, when adding the Tax / Deduction you can simply select New York City. If you want a specifically named Pay Stub Account simply change or create one under Admin -> Payroll -> Pay Stub Accounts.
Hi Shaunw,

Thanks again.

I have done all what you have mentioned. In fact, what I want to change is the "District Income Tax" which appears on the Pay Stub. I want to change this to NY City Tax.

This will make it more clearer to my employees other than the "District Tax" which I know will raise a lot of eyebrows and questions.

Thanks,
ob
obevans

Post by obevans »

Hi Shaunw,

Thanks for all your help.

I'm able to create the NY City Tax after reading your replies carefully.

Please accept my appreciation.

ob