Hierarchy & permissions for timesheets

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
marcs

Hierarchy & permissions for timesheets

Post by marcs »

I was wondering if there was a way to give an individual the ability to view a timesheet for someone that is at the same heirarchy level?

Here's the situation.
- Timesheet and Request Hierarchy
PersonA - Level 1
PersonB - Level 2
PersonC - Level 2

PersonD, PersonE, PersonF are assigned as subordinates in this policy.

Technically, PersonC is a subordinate of PersonB. But, Both PersonB and PersonC need to be able to authorize timesheets and timeoff requests, without both of them having to authorize them. This is necessary for the case where PersonC or PersonB are unavailable (vacation, sick, etc...)

PersonB is a subordinate of PersonA for the purpose of timesheets.

I'm hoping there is a better way to accomplish what we need, but what I have done is created two hierarchies just for PersonB.
- Timesheets. PersonC is subordinate with PersonA - Level 1 and PersonB - Level 2
- Requests. PersonC is subordinate with PersonB - Level 1

I hate having separate policies for individuals, but this may be a case where it has to be that way. Let me know if there is a better way.

Thank you,
Marc
shaunw

Re: Hierarchy & permissions for timesheets

Post by shaunw »

If I understand what you are asking, the way you've done is really the only way.

Supervisors at the same level do share responsibilities, but from a permission standpoint only subordinates are acted upon. So a level 1 in the hierarchy does not have permissions over someone at level 2, they just both have permissions over the subordinates.
marcs

Re: Hierarchy & permissions for timesheets

Post by marcs »

Thank you Shaun, that's kind of what I figured. You can't be a supervisor, share duties and a subordinate all at the same time, even though we are asked to:)