Rounding Policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Collin

Rounding Policy

Post by Collin »

I have been trying to set rounding policies and it just seems to not be working for me. I have tried various intervals and grace periods and it's been a no go. I'm trying to set it to where if someone comes in 15 minutes or less before there shift it auto rounds to their start time and any clockout that is 5 minutes or less to round down to their scheduled clock-out time. Can someone please assist me in doing so.

Thanks,
Collin
shaunw

Re: Rounding Policy

Post by shaunw »

What part isn't working? Can you post screenshots of your current rounding policies?

One thing to keep in mind, if you want to round based on scheduled time, you need to enable the Strict rounding flag in the rounding policy, which also requires that you have a schedule policy with a proper start/stop window, which in turn requires that the employee has a committed schedule in place prior to the punch. So strict rounding has a few prerequisites before it will actually work.
Collin

Post by Collin »

I attached the screens. Our employees have set schedules and I have setup the Schedule Policy, younding policies etc. and have attempted to recalcualte time with no luck. Lemme know if you need anymore info.

Thanks,
Collin
Attachments
Rounding Issue.zip
(78.03 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Collin

Post by Collin »

Also employess will be entitled to work overtime if need be can this be achieved with the strict shedule
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Recalculating Timesheets doesn't apply rounding policies. To apply rounding policies retroactively you have to manually edit/submit each punch.

If you enter new punches, are they rounded properly? Are there committed schedules (blue text in Schedule -> MySchedule) for the same day, and does the committed schedule have the proper schedule policy assigned to it as well?
Collin

Post by Collin »

I think we got it figured out now. It seemed that only the rounding down policy was off. I have modified it and am going to see if this works. Once again thank you for your help.

-Collin
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

To answer your earlier question, if strict rounding is enabled for both In and Out punches, then the employee will never be able to punch in/out to create an overtime scenario themselves.

You can either disable strict rounding on just In punches, or just Out punches, or you could have supervisors manually modify the punches at a later date to add overtime after it has been approved for example. TimeTrex does store the "actual time" (exact time the employee punched, without rounding) which is shown on the Edit Punch page, as well supervisors can disable rounding when editing punches if they like.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Thank you much for your response. I tested the current settings last night for rounding up and down

Our interveral is .10 and grace period is 0 for both late round down and early round up policies. They are working fine when the employees clock in either early or late. However we had an employee clock in exactly at 3 and it rounded them up the specified interval which is 6 minutes...Do I need to set the grass period to like .05 so they ahve a 3 minute grace which will show them clocked in at their scheduled time?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its unlikely that the employee clocked in at exactly their scheduled time. Whats more likely is that you are using the default settings and TimeTrex isn't showing you the seconds for each punch. If the rounding policy says to round up to the nearest 6 minutes, 8:00:01 AM will become 8:06:00. By default TimeTrex will just display 8:00AM as the actual time, and 8:06AM as the rounded time, as most people are not interested in seeing the seconds.

If you set a 3 minute grace period, its basically the same as using an average rounding type, as 3 minutes is half of your 6 minute interval, so 8:03AM becomes 8:00AM, and 8:04AM becomes 8:06AM.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Yh Didn't set grace for testing purposes. I have since put a grace period and everythings gravy...thanks