Continuous Time

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Collin

Continuous Time

Post by Collin »

I have went through the admin guide and got most of the software setup. However I have looked everywhere for the continuous time feature and cannot find it. In the admin guide it is listed with other settings that fall under the Pay Period Schedule list. I noticed a (Split @ Midnight) option but don't know if thats what I'm looking for or not. I've also watched a couple of the videos and they seem to be on previous versions of the software and do not reflect the settings I'm seeing. Any help would be greatly appreciated even if it's just a link to a tutorial or guide that'll point me in the right direction.

Thanks and Regards,
Collin
shaunw

Re: Continuous Time

Post by shaunw »

Which Administrator Guide did you see this in?

The latest version of the guide should not mention continuous time at all, as it has been removed and replaced with the following easier to understand and more flexible settings:

Minimum Time-Off Between Shifts:
Maximum Shift Time:

These are still in the Pay Period Schedule of course.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Sadly I N00b3d it all up and did a google search that took me here. www.timetrex.com/help/administrator_guide.pdf. Now i see the updated one via the Administrator Guide under help. My bad on that. However I got another question we are gonna be using Timetrex strictly for timekeeping of employees and just how many hours they put in each week, day, month etc. Can I just limit the abilities of timetrex so we can pull those reports and just dump em into Quickbooks manually or auto?

Thanks,
Collin
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sure, why not? The permission system allows you to customize virtually anything you want in this regard.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Awesome so in theory all I need to set is the meal and breaks and pay period policy and the rest can be blank and we can just pull a simple report off of that? Also for the pay period policy we have people working different days not just m-f, as we are a 24/7 operation. I was looking at the overtime week area and to me it seems Would I have to setup a different pay period policy for each employee so the overtime week days would apply to their shift?

Thanks,
Collin
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You usually only need to match the pay period schedule to your actual pay period schedule, rarely do you have overtime weeks for different employees within the same pay period schedule. At some point you need define the overtime week, and once its set it should really never change, because just the act of changing it can introduce major problems. (where is the cutoff point if you want to switch from Mon-Sun to Wed-Tue?)

So it doesn't matter if an employee works Wed-Mon while another works Mon-Fri and another works Fri-Wed, normally they would all have the same overtime week, as the calculations often "even" themselves out anyways.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but you get into some pretty murky water attempting to fit overtime weeks to employees work schedules, even worse if you start juggling employees between pay period schedules with different overtime weeks.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Ok Awesome thank you much for your help :D...So other than meal, break, pay period schedule and scheduling of the employees everything will go as planned? Just wanting to make sure so the person we pull in for payroll each week isn't looking at random non-sense you know?...sorry if I'm being a pain BTW
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If that is all you need to track, then it should work fine, yes.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Cool Cool thanks for all your help.

-Collin
Collin

Post by Collin »

Also how would one go about exporting the pay stubs and importing them into quickbooks...I do see the export function under paystubs but it throws me an error stating that there is no data but there is in fact a paystub i selected and it has time and such in it.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Pay Stubs themselves can't be exported to accounting software, only the information used to create pay stubs (total hours, etc...) or General Ledger entries that describe the pay stub information.

Report -> Payroll Export can be used if you wish to export the time and attendance information to have your accounting software generate pay stubs based on it.
Report -> General Ledger Summary is the other report.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Thank you very much for your help. This probably one of the best forums I have been in. You guys provide very detailed responses to questions. As I become more familiar with the product I will help out others as much as possible.

Regards,
Collin
Collin

Post by Collin »

I have attempted to export the payroll to .iif which works fine. However when we go to quickbooks to import it throws an error saying the file could not be imported. Is there any requirements on the quickbooks side to import this file?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Make sure that the company name and company created time that you specify on the Payroll Export Format Settings section in TimeTrex match exactly whats in QuickBooks.
Collin

Post by Collin »

thank you much. Gonna try this out tomorrow
Collin

Post by Collin »

Also we are looking up paystubs right now and it is not showing state or federal withholdings...
Collin

Post by Collin »

disregard