Pay Period Schedule Administration

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Lee640

Pay Period Schedule Administration

Post by Lee640 »

I have set up my pay periods to start on Saturday and end on Friday. But for some reason, no matter what I do, when my employees clock in and out on Saturday it is not included in the rest of the week. On Saturday it states "Employee is not currently assigned to a pay period." But on Sunday, they are assigned to the week including Saturday-Friday. HELP! What am I doing wrong?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you sure your maintenance jobs are being run regularly and working properly? If you click "view" beside your payperiod schedule, what pay periods does it show?
Lee640

Post by Lee640 »

I've been told by the person who set this up for me that he now has the maintenance jobs running right. And the payperiod schedule is set up like it should be. I have now set up 4 weeks of payperiods manually to see if that helps. But I guess I have to go through another full pay period to see if it works right. When I let the program set up a new pay period, it set it up wrong. That's why I have now changed it. Maybe what I did will help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If TimeTrex added the pay period incorrectly before chances are it will do so again. You need to ensure that you pay period schedule is setup correctly.

Try creating a new pay period schedule with no employees assigned to it, and the "Create Initial Pay Periods From" set to the date of the first pay period where you started using TimeTrex (or a month or two earlier). Once you submit that, you can view the pay periods and confirm that the ones it created are correct. If they are not correct, keep repeating this step until you get a pay period schedule that creates the proper pay periods.

If they are correct you can then edit your old pay period schedule, un-assign all employees from it, and assign them to the new pay period schedule. Then, and most importantly you need to click "view" beside the new pay period schedule, then click "view" beside every pay period starting from oldest to newest, and click the "import" button.

This will import punches from the old pay periods into the new pay periods. Once you have completed this, you can delete the old pay period schedule.

If your maintenance jobs are running correctly TimeTrex should continue creating new pay periods for you automatically about 2 days before the next pay period is due to start.
Lee640

Post by Lee640 »

Great! Thanks alot. I'll try that!
Lee640

Post by Lee640 »

Thanks again Shaun. That's seems to have taken care of it!