You are not authorized to punch in or out from this station

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Threevolve

You are not authorized to punch in or out from this station

Post by Threevolve »

Sorry to be such a bother today, I'm new to this system and I'm trying to figure it out.

I added a test user named Joseph Schmoe, and when I log in to that account and try to punch him in, I get this:

Punch In / Out
Employee: Joseph Schmoe
You are not authorized to punch in or out from this station!

I followed the directions in the manual to enable punching from any station, but it still wont work for some reason.

Could it be because it's from the same IP as the admin account?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This error message is strictly based on the station. Try setting up a wildcard station to allow any station id's and any source's to punch in/out. Once that works you can try narrowing it down some if you like.
Threevolve

Post by Threevolve »

I had already done that, it still denies for that user. Admin user can punch though.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Is it possible for you to provide a login/password for us to test with? For both the employee that is denied access
and the administrator so we can change station settings?

You can email this information to support@timetrex.com.
Threevolve

Post by Threevolve »

Unfortunately, no. This is a test server that is internal only, and IT wont let me make it WAN accessible for security reasons.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately this is makes it extremely difficult to diagnose the problem. The only thing I can really suggest is deleting ALL the stations, and creating just a single wildcard station, making sure you set both the station id, and source to "ANY" (no quotes) and ensure you assign "- ALL -" employees to it.

When it comes to stations, usually it is just something simple that has been overlooked.

If you can provide screenshots of each page while you do this that would help also.