Recurring Schedule doesn't recognize Rounding Policies

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
bgolden13

Recurring Schedule doesn't recognize Rounding Policies

Post by bgolden13 »

Time Trex version 3.4.0

All of our employees have been set up to use Recurring Schedules; however, the recurring schedules do not recognize the "Rounding" policies unless I manually schedule each employee. Here is a screen shot of an employee that I manually scheduled along with my own schedule. The manually scheduled employee appears with a blue link while my schedule does not. The Rounding policy forces the "strict Schedule" and this feature is not working properly unless I manually schedule each employee.

When I logged in this morning at 8:25 the punch should have adjusted to 8:30 AM and it did not. If I manually schedule myself, then the rounding policy works.

What do I have to do to make the Recurring Schedule recognize the rounding policy?
Attachments
ScheduleExample.pdf
Schedule Screen shot
(10.52 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
shaunw

Re: Recurring Schedule doesn't recognize Rounding Policies

Post by shaunw »

Please post a screenshot of your full weekly (View: Week) schedule since May 2nd, your recurring schedule template, and any schedule policies that you have.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Screen Shots attached per your request. I also added a shot of one of the Rounding policies that isn't being applied.

an IMPORTANT NOTE regarding the schedule, last month I MANUALLY scheduled everyone through May 4rd using the mass scheduler, except for myself (I was scheduled through 5/3) so that I could see what happened when I punched in today.... and when I punched in the "strict schedule" in the rounding policy was not enforced and my IN punch recorded as 8:25 AM instead of 8:30 AM.

I cannot get the "strict schedule" within the rounding policy to enforce unless I manually schedule the employees and am hoping that I have just missed a setting somewhere so that the Recurring Schedule will recognize this feature.

BJ Golden
Attachments
IN_Punch_Strict Schedule Not Enforced.pdf
In punch reflecting 8:25 AM - strict schedule should have forced an 8:30 AM punch
(5.85 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
RoundingPolicy_IN_Punch.pdf
Rounding Policy for IN Early punch
(8.86 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
RoundingPolicyList.pdf
List of Rounding Policies Used
(10.48 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Schedule_WeekMay2.pdf
Schedule for week of May - Note that all employees were manually scheduled through May 3rd except for BJ Golden
(43.34 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
SchedulePolicy-30MinuteLunch.pdf
Schedule Policy details for employees with 30 Minute lunches
(8.64 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
SchedulePolicyList.pdf
List of all Schedule Policies in use
(14.5 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
RecurringSchedule830_30MinLunch.pdf
Recurring Schedule detail for employees with 30 minute lunches
(12.57 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
RecurringScheduleTemplateList.pdf
List of Recurring Schedules used
(19.37 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Is it just not working for one employee, or is it not working for all employees?

Based on the screenshot for the schedule you sent, B.J. Golden is the only employee that doesn't have a committed schedule shift on May 4th, so any punches on May 4th wouldn't be strict rounded for him. All the other employees the rounding should work fine from what I can see.

Schedules must be in blue text for them to be committed and for the schedule to effect punches in anyway.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Shaun, What makes a schedule "commit"? I was hoping that the Recurring Schedule would "Commit" the schedule for each employee. I am having to use the mass scheduler and manually schedule each employee to get the schedule to show up in blue text.

The only reason my schedule (BJ GOLDEN) isn't commited through 5/4 is because I did not manually schedule myself for today. Last month I ran the Mass Scheduler on ALL OTHER employees through 5/4, that is what made the blue text appear on the schedule.

Is is possible for the Recurring Schedule to "COMMIT" the schedule for each employee?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Recurring schedules are automatically committed by a maintenance job about 2-4hrs before the shift is scheduled to start. If this is not happening for you, its likely that there is a problem with your TimeTrex installation or maintenance jobs are not running correctly.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

There is only one maintenance job in the task scheduler and it is scheduled to run every minute. It appears to be working and functioning correctly. Is the maintenance job that commits the recurring schedule a separate task? If so, are there directions on how to set it up?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

That one entry in the task scheduler triggers multiple maintenance jobs within TimeTrex.

If you go to Help -> About in the TimeTrex menu, it will tell you when the last time the maintenance jobs were run.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

The job is running every minute as scheduled. Confirmed through task history and from a "TimeTrex cron last executed log" file. If the maintenance job is running as scheduled what else can I look at?

This is the only feature that appears to not be working correctly. Every other feature appears to be functioning as expected. The maintenance job is supposed to commit the scheduled 2 - 4 hours before each "day" or each "pay-period"? If it is before each pay-period that may be where the issue is. Perhaps I'm manually scheduling across pay periods which is preventing the maintenance job from commiting?????? Of course that might only be the issue based on "when" the maintenance job is supposed to commit the recurring schedule. ???????
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

First off since you have setup recurring schedules, you shouldn't be manually creating them at all, you should let TimeTrex commit the recurring schedules as its designed to do 2-4hrs before each shift is scheduled to start. This has nothing to do with pay periods, but just so you know pay periods are automatically created by the maintenance jobs 2 days before each pay period is scheduled to start, but this is handled separately with a separate maintenance job.

You mentioned earlier that you manually created the schedules up to May 4th, so at this point lets wait until tomorrow and see if any schedules are committed tomorrow, that will let us know what we're dealing with.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

My experience since January (when product was installed) is that the schedules are not going to commit. My schedule was not commited for today, so I have no reason to believe that it will commit the remaining schedules for tomorrow. It is a real pain to have to go back and fix all the punches but I will do as you ask and wait until tomorrow. BJ
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In that case, I would recommend enabling the debugging mode as described in item #5 here:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89

Use verbosity level 10 instead of 11 though.

This will keep a log of everything that happens, and tomorrow morning after around 8AM you can email or attach that log for further investigation.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Shaun, Can I reinstall TimeTrex without losing any current data?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Only if you install overtop of your existing TimeTrex directory without uninstalling anything.

As soon as you uninstall TimeTrex, all your data is deleted.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Okay I have edited the TimeTrex.ini.php file to set as disclosed in section 5 of the link you provided. I will reply in the morning after 8:00AM and attach a copy of the log file. Thank you for your assistance. BJ
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Good Morning Shaun, I am attaching both logs that were created overnight, along with a screen shot of the daily schedule showing that the RECURRING schedules did not commit for any employee. I have turned the logging back off. I am correct in that I will need to proceed with manually correcting all the IN punches to reflect the correct start time for each employee? BJ
Attachments
timetrex.log.01.txt
Second TimeTrex debugging log.1
(5.06 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
timetrex.log
Time Trex debuggin log
(3.47 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
Daily Schedule for 5/5/2011 showing Recurring schedule did not commit.
Daily Schedule for 5/5/2011 showing Recurring schedule did not commit.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Shaun, I rechecked the Scheduled Shifts today at 11:29 AM and out of the blue every schedule is NOW committed. They were not commited as of 8:30 AM this morning when I took the screen shot of schedules, but now they are...???? Looks like we have some sort of timing issue on when the schedules are being committed. Any ideas? BJ Golden
Attachments
Schedules now committed
Schedules now committed
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Checking your logs, it appears that the Recurring Schedule maintenance job was trying to run most of the night but it wasn't because TimeTrex thought it was already running.

Since the schedules were just committed, its possible that the computer was rebooted or crashed during the last time it was running, and therefore got "stuck" thinking the job never finished. TimeTrex automatically fixes itself within 48hrs if this happens.

Lets see if they get committed on time tomorrow, I would recommend leaving the debugging enabled until things are working correctly.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Okay, I'll turn the debugging back on and wait for tomorrow. Thank you.
bgolden13

Post by bgolden13 »

Shaun sorry for the delay in responding with today's results. All schedules were "committed" this morning when employees arrived so it looks like whatever was messed up has corrected itself. I will continue to watch, but hopefully the issue has self resolved. The information you provided regarding Recurring Schedules and that they are not committed until 2-4 hours prior to the actual "daily" schedule was most helpful. Thank you for your assistance with this issue. BJ