Meeting time and hours worked from home

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
tanda

Meeting time and hours worked from home

Post by tanda »

Hi,

We put on seminars and need to have a way for an employee to enter their hours worked for it. This would also include travel time. They would do this when they return. How would you do this?

Also, how do you configure it so they can enter the hours worked from home?

I tried setting it up under an absence policy. But vacation/sick time is not accrued from those hours.

Thanks!
shanec

Re: Meeting time and hours worked from home

Post by shanec »

To have your employees enter their own hours you can assign them to the "Regular Employee (Manual Entry)" Permission Group which will allow them to Add/Edit/Delete their own Punches on their own timesheet.

Please see the Employee Information section of the TimeTrex Administrator Guide for more information:
http://help.timetrex.com/TimeTrex_Commu ... nformation
tanda

Post by tanda »

Is it possible to have it where they cannot enter their own punch hours and still be able to enter home/travel hours on their own?

Thanks!
shanec

Post by shanec »

The ability for employees to directly enter worked hours without punches isn't available unless using Absence time which can be done as an alternative.
tanda

Post by tanda »

Using absence time would work. I actually have it setup that way now. But will that time add to the sick/vacation time accrual? (I need it to)
tanda

Post by tanda »

Would I be able to do it like I want if I used ibuttons? I do not want them to be able to edit the time they clocked in when at the office?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Using a hardware device allows the employees to efficiently track their time without having to manually enter it. Using this method you would not normally allow employees to modify their own punches then.
tanda

Post by tanda »

So, no way to do it without allowing them to be able modify their in office punches?

Using absence time would be perfect. But I need accruals to be added from that time.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I seem to be confused, you are asking if the employees can enter their own time, but you don't want them to be able to modify their punch times? This seems to be contradictory, could you explain further?
tanda

Post by tanda »

Sorry for the confusion.

I don't want them to be able to edit or modify their punch time. That time would be the time they are physically in the office.

But I want them to be able to add travel hours and hours they worked from home. They could put these in as absence hours. But I need vacation and sick time to be accrued from those hours just like they would from regular hours.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
shanec

Post by shanec »

What version of TimeTrex are you using? To find out please click Help -> About and let us know.
tanda

Post by tanda »

Version 7.4.7
shanec

Post by shanec »

The functionality you are requesting will not be available until version 8.0 which is due out in the near future.
tanda

Post by tanda »

Hi,

I was just wondering if this feature was added before I install it?

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, TimeTrex v8.0 (released early last year) included the functionality discussed above, and TimeTrex v9.0 is the most recent major version.