Hierarchy Permissions

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
roren333

Hierarchy Permissions

Post by roren333 »

Hi, in sample hierarchy:

*Manager1 manages Employee1 and Employee2
*Supervisor1 manages Manager1

How can Supervisor1 view Schedule and Timesheet of Manager1, Employee1, and Employee2?

Is this possible in the Standard version? How about in Professional, Corporate, and Enterprise version?

Appreciate any help. Thank you!
shaunw

Re: Hierarchy Permissions

Post by shaunw »

Several ways:

1. Two hierarchies, first one with Manager1 as the Superior, and Employee1 and Employee2 as the subordinates. Second hierarchy with Supervisor1 as the Superior and Manager1 as the Subordinate.

2. Single hierarchy with Manager1 and Supervisor1 as the Superiors at the same level, and Manager 1, Employee1 and Employee2 as the Subordinates.
roren333

Post by roren333 »

Hi, thanks for your reply. Just some clarifications:

Option 1:
Two hierarchies, first one with Manager1 as the Superior, and Employee1 and Employee2 as the subordinates. Second hierarchy with Supervisor1 as the Superior and Manager1 as the Subordinate.

->When I tried this, the Supervisor1 can't view schedule of Employee1 and Employee2. Any way how to?

Option 2:
Single hierarchy with Manager1 and Supervisor1 as the Superiors at the same level, and Manager 1, Employee1 and Employee2 as the Subordinates.

-> When I tried this, Manager1 and Supervisor1 both have the same permissions.

I was hoping that Supervisor1 will be able to just view schedule of Employee1 and Employee2, but Manager1 will be able to add/edit/delete the schedule of Employee1 and Employee2. Is there a function to do this?

Thank you!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In the Option 2 hierarchy, just remove the Manager from the subordinate list then, but leave them both in Superior list.