Cannot Connect after Server Reboot (Suse 11 - Linux)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
timeclock

Cannot Connect after Server Reboot (Suse 11 - Linux)

Post by timeclock »

Hello:

We successfully installed the system on Suse Linux 11 after 2 days - not for the faint of heart.

Regardless, we were overjoyed when the system finally came up. Today, i was able to complete the setup. add a test user and look around. However, when we tried to connect to the server via another computer (browser) on the network no web page displayed. We then restarted the server. After reboot of the server, no connection to timetrex could be made via the server's browser or a remote workstation via a browser. I can confirm Progresql is running via rcpostgressql status: running.

Can you offer any troubleshooting steps to get the program up and running on the server?

Thank you
Timeclock
shaunw

Re: Cannot Connect after Server Reboot (Suse 11 - Linux)

Post by shaunw »

Making sure PostgreSQL is running is a start, what about Apache though?
timeclock

Post by timeclock »

RESOLVED

I went ahead and re-ran the installer (the program thought it was an "UPGRADE"). Upon completion the program presented with a link. For some reason the link is not the normal :8085 url. In any event, this new url worked on all other computers in the network and all is good.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sounds like you used the executable (.bin) Linux installer, which is a legacy installer originally designed for very old (5-10yrs) Linux distributions that didn't support PHP v5.2 and it shouldn't be used on any modern Linux distribution. In fact TimeTrex v9.1 is the last version it will be available for.

Instead you should use the built-in Apache/PostgreSQL/PHP versions bundled with your Linux distribution.
timeclock

Post by timeclock »

Hi, I am sure its important but i am not sure what you are advising. The unix distro is Suse 11 sp4, the php version is 5.3.17, TT Version 9.1.2, Apache: 2.2. Respectfully, whats wrong with this setup?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What is the full and exact file name that you downloaded to install TimeTrex with?
timeclock

Post by timeclock »

Okay here goes:

the downloaded file:: TimeTrex_Community_Edition-manual-installer.zip
unzips to: TimeTrex_Community_Edition_v9.1.2
from location: http://www.timetrex.com/onsite_communit ... p=download

Be advised: on the original install I needed to use the "...:8085" to access the program. However, after i ran the same installer again after i couldn't access the program, (http://localhost/timtres912/interface/i ... nstall.php), I could connect via http://[IP]/timetrex912/interface/html5/index.php#!m=Login (i renamed the original folder to timetrex912).

Timeclock
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you installed TimeTrex from the .ZIP file, it does not have any control over what port is used (ie: 8085), so unless you manually changed your Apache web server to use port 8085 yourself (which I'm not sure why you would do that), something isn't making much sense.