Remittance Summary report

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
its

Remittance Summary report

Post by its »

Hi,

The remittance summary report is not showing the correct gross payroll amount. It is showing more than double the amount gross pay for the last month. How do I fix this? I will truly appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Is there a way I can see all calculations the program makes to arrive at the final amounts on this report?

Thanks.
shaunw

Re: Remittance Summary report

Post by shaunw »

If you go to Report -> Tax Reports -> Remittance Summary, then click the "Form Setup" tab, you can configure exactly which Pay Stub Accounts make up the Gross Payroll column. In most cases you would normally just have the "Total Gross" pay stub account selected for include, then a few accounts such as Expense Reimbursement selected for exclude. If you are seeing double the amounts, I'm guessing you have "Total Gross" selected in addition to all the Earnings accounts, which would double up the amounts.
its

Post by its »

Thank you.
After removing total gross and adding all earnings accounts and gross payroll seems to be correct.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Total Gross is a combination of all Earnings, so if you have all earnings selected manually, you just created a huge problem for yourself if you ever modify your Pay Stub Accounts, since you now have to remember to include them in your Remittance Summary report. If you are selecting all Earnings, you may as well just select "Total Gross", as that solves the above problem and you don't need to worry about making changes to it if you modify your Pay Stub Accounts months or years in the future.

Just don't select all Earnings and "Total Gross" at the same time, as that doubles up the amounts.