Possible bug in CE 10.0.3 (Linux hosted)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
kdubkris

Possible bug in CE 10.0.3 (Linux hosted)

Post by kdubkris »

First of all, greetings everyone! First post, I didn't see a clear place for bug reports, so please help me find the right place if this isn't it.

My company has been using Timetrex CE for a few months, but starting last night my employees lost the ability to edit their punches. I did some digging and I see that my version of TimeTrex was updated recently (2:59 AM this morning) to 10.0.3 automatically (I didn't even know it was doing that, I'm assuming it is part of the maintenance cron).

The behavior of this has been odd. We used the default security groups, and most of the employees are lvl 2, meaning they have always been able to edit/delete their own timecards. I am a level 10, so I can do that, as well as supervise my employees. Beginning this morning neither of us could edit the timecards, just add new punches. I restarted apache and the entire security group 10, including me, regained the ability to edit. Security group 2 still is unable to do so.

Any ideas? Because of the mixed success of the apache restart I plan on a full server restart after hours tonight.

I have a backup of my timetrex directory from Tuesday. If I rolled back to that and commented out the portion of the cron that auto-updates, would the old files work and interface with my updated 10.0.3 MySQL DB?

Thanks for your help!
shaunw

Re: Possible bug in CE 10.0.3 (Linux hosted)

Post by shaunw »

This is a known regression that will be fixed in v10.0.4, in the mean time if you simply click the refresh button in the browser, it should enable the Edit icon. Unfortunately you will need to do that each time you login.
kdubkris

Post by kdubkris »

Thank you, I'm glad a fix is in the works for the need to refresh!

However, a refresh does not work to enable punch editing on my lvl 2 employees (I do need to do the refresh on my lvl 10 employees, but that is not a big deal). I've tried in multiple browsers with various lvl 2 users. I confirmed in the 'edit permissions' screen that lvl 2 does have that permission enabled, and have even removed and re-added that permission in case it needed to be re-associated. To be clear, they can edit new punches, just not existing ones.

Some information about my environment:
CentOS 7.2.1511
Apache 2.4.6
PHP 5.4.16
kdubkris

Post by kdubkris »

I poked around the permissions some more and found that punch->edit and punch->delete had been disabled for that group. I had previously seen that punch->edit own was enabled and assumed that was the correct permission. We have never edited these permissions before, so I'm confident something in the update caused these permissions to no longer be enabled for my team. Anyway, It's working now, thanks!