Password issue

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jarrett125

Password issue

Post by jarrett125 »

Hi,

we created an employee with a password that should be well above standard I will do an example password of how the password is XMsunwww11!! now that password shows up as a fairly strong password and meets secure password requirements so I'm really unsure as to why this is being flagged as a password that isn't strong enough. I understand timetrex requires a moderately strong password But even with our password requirements of 2 Captial letter 2 Lower Case 2 Numbers and 2 Special characters isn't making the cut to meet the password requirements can we get more defined requirements of what a moderately strong password is.
shaunw

Re: Password issue

Post by shaunw »

The example password you provided is too weak because it contains too many of the same characters/numbers in a row. "www" and "11" and "!!" are all considered duplicate and that makes up half of the password. Simply rearranging those characters to not come after one another makes the password strong enough, for example:

!XMwsunw1w1!
jarrett125

Re: Password issue

Post by jarrett125 »

shaunw wrote:The example password you provided is too weak because it contains too many of the same characters/numbers in a row. "www" and "11" and "!!" are all considered duplicate and that makes up half of the password. Simply rearranging those characters to not come after one another makes the password strong enough, for example:

!XMwsunw1w1!
Ok with that being said what is the difference if you drop the 1 w and it will be considered ok. but with the 3rd w it's too weak. that's been my issue there is no set standard of all the password requirements if I could get something like that it would be really helpful.