Questions on daily target time/overtime

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
bexalfred

Questions on daily target time/overtime

Post by bexalfred »

I'm not sure this is the correct sub-forum for my questions - if not, please feel free to move it.

We've been using TimeTrex since 01.01.17 and in that time a few questions have cropped up. At the moment we are only interested in using it as a tool to record the attendance times of our employees, but that may change in the future.

1) How do you change the daily target time? It seems to be set at 8 hours, which of course adds up to 40 hours per week. Our statutory weekly working hours are 38,5 hours, so we would like to set the daily time to 7,7 hours (7:42).

2) Is there a way to calculate overtime on a monthly basis? We have very flexible working times and our employees take full advantage of that fact. I have noticed that whenever one of our employees punches in more than 8 hours on any given day, they are rewarded the balance >8 hours as overtime. However, if the same employee just punches 5 hours the next day, the 3 hours are seemingly not deducted from their overtime balance. So as per initial question, can this be done not daily but just at the end of each month?

I'm sure there is more, but at the moment that's all I can think of. Any help is greatly appreciated.
shaunw

Re: Questions on daily target time/overtime

Post by shaunw »

bexalfred wrote: 1) How do you change the daily target time? It seems to be set at 8 hours, which of course adds up to 40 hours per week. Our statutory weekly working hours are 38,5 hours, so we would like to set the daily time to 7,7 hours (7:42).
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking here, can you please provide more details?
bexalfred wrote: 2) Is there a way to calculate overtime on a monthly basis? We have very flexible working times and our employees take full advantage of that fact. I have noticed that whenever one of our employees punches in more than 8 hours on any given day, they are rewarded the balance >8 hours as overtime. However, if the same employee just punches 5 hours the next day, the 3 hours are seemingly not deducted from their overtime balance. So as per initial question, can this be done not daily but just at the end of each month?
Please see https://help.timetrex.com/v10.0/communi ... s%7C_____7 for the available types of overtime calculations that TimeTrex supports.