News Dashlet - Adding new News

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Siltlifted

News Dashlet - Adding new News

Post by Siltlifted »

I've searched and searched - googled ad naseum, and can't find the answer to this anywhere.

I want to add a news item to the Dashlet, so that all of my employees can see that when they clock in/out for the day.

We're of course using the Free Version, which, as I'm reminded so often when I forget, and email support, has no TimeTrex support.

Is the community any help here?

Thanks in advance.

~Silt
shaunw

Re: News Dashlet - Adding new News

Post by shaunw »

News dashlet is not a way to communicate with employees, its a way for TimeTrex itself to communicate with employees.

If you want you can do that with Messages inside TimeTrex instead.
Siltlifted

Post by Siltlifted »

Just so I'm on the same page,

News exists for TimeTrex (the company) to communicate with my employees?

and Messages (which is a one to one communication method) is for me to communicate with my employees?

What I want to do is put up a News item for all employees, and since they all log into the Dashlets when they sign in, they would all see the news items (but only if TimeTrex wants to communicate with my employees?)

And I'd have to send out Messages one by one to my employees to communicate the same through the Messages function?

Please advise, and thanks for the response. I'd considered Messages, but wanted to use News to communicate company wide issues.

~Silt
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

News dashlet is for TimeTrex (the software) to communicate with employees, it tells them things like when pay periods are ending, if they exceptions outstanding, if they have unread messages, all kinds of different stuff from the software itself.

To communicate with your employees you can send them messages, on a 1-to-1 basis, or 1-to-many (for example, select all employees and send them all the same message in a single operation), when you do that, the News dashlet will tell each employee that they have a message waiting to be read. So by sending your employees a message, your employees will be alerted to it in several ways, including on the news dashlet.
Siltlifted

Post by Siltlifted »

Ok - that works for me - certainly not ideal, but can work with it - I wasn't aware there was a one to many option, and even after looking (googling) for it, it didn't come up.

Much appreciated with the help!