General questions before deploying for production use.

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
grayfox

General questions before deploying for production use.

Post by grayfox »

Good morning,

I recently deployed the latest TimeTrex (10.6.0) Community Edition on a Debian VM. The instance is running great, but before I deploy it for production use/testing, I'd just like to see if someone can help me with a few questions I have.

1. When an employee goes to the "punch-in/punch-out" page, is there an option to make the date and time fields editable? I understand that for certain organizations, this would defeat the purpose of the function, but in our instance, our employees enter their total hours worked at the end of the week. Currently, the fields are grayed out. If this is not a stock system option, would someone be able to point me to the page or file that contains the source for the punch-in/out page? I'm reasonably comfortable with editing code in PHP.

2. Is it possible to export custom field data in the Community Edition? When selecting the fields to export, I do not see any of the custom fields I've created. Perhaps I've just missed where they can be set to export, but I don't see any mention of exporting them in the documentation.

3. In the future, will custom fields ever have an attribute set to allow dropdown menus? Currently, custom field entries are simple text fields. If this is not in the plans, could someone point me to the code for the "punch-in/out" page where the custom fields are pulled/defined? If I were to implement a simple select element for a dropdown menu, there should be no issues, correct?

Thank you in advance for any help.
shaunw

Re: General questions before deploying for production use.

Post by shaunw »

grayfox wrote: 1. When an employee goes to the "punch-in/punch-out" page, is there an option to make the date and time fields editable? I understand that for certain organizations, this would defeat the purpose of the function, but in our instance, our employees enter their total hours worked at the end of the week. Currently, the fields are grayed out. If this is not a stock system option, would someone be able to point me to the page or file that contains the source for the punch-in/out page? I'm reasonably comfortable with editing code in PHP.
You will want to assign your employees to the "Regular Employee (Manual Punch)" permission group, then they can go to Attendance -> TimeSheet and enter any punch times they wish from there. Attendance -> In/Out is only for real-time attendance recording, not after-the-fact attendance recording.
grayfox wrote: 2. Is it possible to export custom field data in the Community Edition?
Yes. However you need to make sure you are using the proper report based on the specific custom fields that you want to export.
grayfox

Re: General questions before deploying for production use.

Post by grayfox »

Thanks very much for your help, Shaun - it is greatly appreciated.