Employee's with multiple pay rates.

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
sean.parker

Employee's with multiple pay rates.

Post by sean.parker »

I am new to TimeTrex, but I have in depth computer/programming experience and I am looking into TimeTrex to accomplish what I believe is a rather complex payroll task. I currently run a transportation department where depending on the job, employees will make different rates of pay. I am looking for a way to make timetrex handle this for me and really, give the employee the ability to choose which payscale they need to be paid on when punching in and out. Of course, I will also need exception to flag me if it appears that they are choosing the wrong payscale at the wrong time, but I do not want it to automatically deny it as many times, it may be accurate, I just want to talk with the employee about it. Additional details follow below:

-----DETAILS------
1) Employee drives a standard 2 hour route, and receives regular rate of pay. This rate of pay spans from $11.20/hr to $16.15/hr and differs for each employee based on length of employment with the district.

2) Employee drives an Activity Trip which is paid at a flat $12.00/hr regardless of employee or lenth of employment.

3) The Activity Trips can be driven at anytime during the day even when the driver is supposed to be driving a regular route (we just sub the route out to another driver), so logging this 100% by time won't work. The employee needs the ability to choose what they are doing when they clock in/out.

4) In regards to the exception flagging, if TT supports this, the employees do drive very specific shifts (ex. 6:30am - 8:30 am / 3:30pm - 4:30 pm), it would be ideal if TT would detect if an activity trip is taken during this time and flag it for me to address later, OR if route pay is taken outside of this time, and also flag it for me to take a look.

Is any of this possible using TimeTrex?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Sean Parker