EMPLOYEES MISSING

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
adminpas

EMPLOYEES MISSING

Post by adminpas »

I'm not really sure what happened. I changed the authorization heirarchy, didn't seem to be a problem. I was able to view all of the employees fine. Then at lunch time today, people started not being able to clock back in and they are totally missing from the Employee List. Nobody deleted them, so where did they go? Please help.
shaunw

Re: EMPLOYEES MISSING

Post by shaunw »

If you go to Reports -> Employee Information Summary, do the employees appear there?
adminpas

Post by adminpas »

No, they are completely gone.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Is it possible for us to access your TimeTrex installation remotely?
adminpas

Post by adminpas »

No, we can't get you access to our server. Do you think there is a glitch that has caused this? I can understand problems occurring from changing the authorization heirarchy, but not totally deleting people from the Employee List. We may just have to go with a different Time and Attendance product or company. I'm not sure how to solve this.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Since TimeTrex was first created over 7 years ago I've never heard of a case where employee records were deleted without a user actually doing it themselves. TimeTrex has no mechanism built-in to it that would delete employees, it just doesn't happen and there is no reason whatsoever for TimeTrex to do this, and in fact we recommend that our customers don't delete their employee records either.

Having said that, even if the records were deleted, they are simply marked as deleted and hidden from view. The data is still there, its just a matter of gaining access to it again, or restoring from the most recent backup file.

If we were able to access your server we could check the audit trail and find out exactly what happened, then restore the data back to its original state for you.