Excessive Emails on TimeTrex Box

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
gdecaires

Excessive Emails on TimeTrex Box

Post by gdecaires »

I'm seeing excessive email message on my timetrex box, Debian install, and I don't know what the source is. Is there something that timetrex emails on a regular basis? Where can I find the configuration for email alerts?

Thanks
shaunw

Re: Excessive Emails on TimeTrex Box

Post by shaunw »

What do the emails contain?
gdecaires

Post by gdecaires »

Unfortunately, I don't know. They're going to an email address that I don't have access to. Can you tell me where mail server settings ($_Server) etc are? I didn't install this timetrex but I need to redirect the email to another address to see what it contains.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Well, it really depends, they may not even be emails that TimeTrex itself is sending out. When you say excessive, what do you mean? 10 per day? 100 per day? 1000 per day?

If you haven't redirected the output of TimeTrex's cron maintenance job command to /dev/null, you will likely see an email every minute from cron, but not TimeTrex.
gdecaires

Post by gdecaires »

Thanks.

You were right it was the cron jobs sending the emails. I fixed that and the mail is no longer 'spamming'.

I also did a work around by editing /classes/modules/core/Debug.class.php to send mail to the localhost to see the output of the maint jobs.

Thanks again.