Completing amount of time on specific jobs

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
pat

Completing amount of time on specific jobs

Post by pat »

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to capture the amount of work in hours that you have done on different jobs.

Currently, it looks like that with timetrex, If I want to work on different task during the day I have to clock in and out on every single job I'm working on.

But when you work on many different project during the day, you don't want to have to punch in an out each time you change of project.
I would like to be able to input manually the amount of hours I'm working for every job(Task or project).
Is this possible wit TimeTrex, if it is then how?
Or do I absolutly have to punch in and out for each task?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It is possible to enter just the total number of hours spent on each job/task, however the interface for this isn't designed to be used on a daily basis, so it isn't very efficient at this time.

We are currently working on a more efficient interface designed specifically for this purpose, however it is not ready quite yet.

This has been a fairly low priority feature for us due to the fact that our customers typically recognize that such time tracking is notoriously inaccurate, with the more jobs/tasks recorded each day the more inaccurate the data becomes.

Regardless if this feature doesn't make it into TimeTrex v2.1 it should definitely be in v2.2.
pat

Post by pat »

Ok so If I want employee to work on different task and punch in and out on every task, I guess I need to remove the Rounding feature?

Because when I tryed to punch out on a task and then punch back in after, I got an error saying that I cannot punch twice at the same time. Is this normal?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When they switch between jobs, have them check the "Transfer" box on the punch window. That will automatically punch them out of their last job and back in to a new job at the same time without rounding either punch.

When editing punches, you can also use the "Disable Rounding" check box to have punches at the same time.
snellings

Enter total time worked on project

Post by snellings »

I am looking for employees to be able to enter the number of hours that they worked on each project for each day. They do not punch in / out. I saw other messages from last year that stated that this feature should be in version 2.1 or 2.2. I cannot find the capability in version 2.1. Am I missing it? When will version 2.2 be release? Is the feature still planned for release 2.2?

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its coming, it may not make it into v2.2 though.
caverlyr

Post by caverlyr »

shaunw wrote:Its coming, it may not make it into v2.2 though.
So did this make it into v2.2? I'm tying to evaluate TimeTrex but this will be a must have for us as almost all staff are salaried.
angelines

Re: Completing amount of time on specific jobs

Post by angelines »

Hi,

Just a follow up on this...is this feature available now? I have version 5.

Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex as a company has decided to not pursue this functionality at this time due to the fact that it the market is extremely small (since the data being collected is not accurate at all and most companies are wanting to improve the accuracy) and already saturated by the likes simple applications or even excel spreadsheets.
andrewbauman

Post by andrewbauman »

just a comment

I am using timetrex and writing a custom Application so that employees are logging into 'process centers' (department or workcell)
Then I have my work orders with the various process steps mapped to the process centers.
these then show on a dedicated screen and the job steps get marked complete as they are completed.

Shaun is correct about the accuracy issue.
We have decided to use a variable such as sq ft of work * pieces to then divide work time into jobs.

So
In short I support timetrex in their decision and recommend you consider hiring a programer to make a plugin for timetrex API to meet your needs
Andrew Bauman
angelines

Post by angelines »

Ok thanks for your quick response. I see what you're talking about and I understand.

You see we're a telemarketing company and we have a dialer that tracks the login hours for the agents, when the log in and log out either for breaks, lunch and even washroom breaks or to reboot their system, they don't need a punch in/punch out time. So those hours are very accurate.

I was just hoping that there was a system where I can import those hours and calculate the payroll. Thanks anyways.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You could interface your telephone system directly into TimeTrex, so each time an agent logs in/out of the phone, it would convert those into In/Out punches in TimeTrex. We have several customers that have done this already.
angelines

Post by angelines »

Ok! Good idea. What edition is this feature available in?