Importing User and Pay data

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
MichelleM

Company_id invalid?

Post by MichelleM »

This thread has been very helpful! I'm in the middle of importing about 30 users into TT and the dry run has executed properly... with a little tweak.

I only have one company and one default_branch_id (both with values of 1) and are represented as such in the file_to_be_imported.csv.

However, when I went to perform the import, I received a "Company invalid" error message on each record.

BUT ... if I put a default value of "1" in the user_column_map.txt file, the error went away.

Since the company_id field is the first in each line, might it have something to do with *NIX vs Windows newlines?
Nox

Post by Nox »

I was able to import everything, except the following:

pay_period_schedule_id
policy_group_id

We have 2 policy groups: HOURLY and SALARY
We only have 1 pay period schedule: BiWeekly

They are spelled exactly that way in TimeTrex (case sensitive) but when they are supplied in the import file, they do not actually import.

It's not a big deal because I can set them up after the fact, I am just curious.

Also, is there a file or document that describes exactly what each field is and what kinds of data can be put in there? For example, I never would have guessed that status_id was 10 for active.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Currently:

pay_period_schedule_id
policy_group_id

Have to be the actual numeric IDs of those items.

As for the status, it can be "a" or "active" or "10" for Active.

When importing users, the import script also takes into account New Hire Defaults, so in most cases those fields are already configured and don't need to be specified in the import script.