Several questions

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
thekeymaker

Several questions

Post by thekeymaker »

1. How can I change the pay stub size to lets say 1/4 of a letter sized paper or maybe print 4 pay stubs per letter sheet?
2. How can i configure holidays for an employee group to be automatically paid 8 hours worth of work regardless if they came in or not?

Thanks!
shaunw

Re: Several questions

Post by shaunw »

thekeymaker wrote:1. How can I change the pay stub size to lets say 1/4 of a letter sized paper or maybe print 4 pay stubs per letter sheet?
This is only possible if you modify the source code.
thekeymaker wrote: 2. How can i configure holidays for an employee group to be automatically paid 8 hours worth of work regardless if they came in or not?
See the Holiday Policy section of Help -> Administrator Guide.
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:
thekeymaker wrote:1. How can I change the pay stub size to lets say 1/4 of a letter sized paper or maybe print 4 pay stubs per letter sheet?
This is only possible if you modify the source code.
thekeymaker wrote: 2. How can i configure holidays for an employee group to be automatically paid 8 hours worth of work regardless if they came in or not?
See the Holiday Policy section of Help -> Administrator Guide.
Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Which section or file is responsible for creating the pdfs? I tried to create a paystub summary report and that's almost what we need.. Just need to adjust the formatting a bit..

2. Thanks..

Another quick question? Would it be possible to disable the help menu for some employees? We wouldnt want them digging around especially with the Administrator guide?

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What adjustments do you need to make to the Pay Stub Summary report? Typically a report is used for completely separate purposes as a pay stub.

The Help menu is disabled for all regular employees by default.
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:What adjustments do you need to make to the Pay Stub Summary report? Typically a report is used for completely separate purposes as a pay stub.

What we're gonna do is just make the report summary rows a little bit bigger or maybe do 2 columns with just the name and totals? Then just cut them up and attach them to their pay envelopes. We just want to save up on paper too

thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

Oh another thing..

Why is the timesheet view like this:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 4.33.27 AM.png
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:What adjustments do you need to make to the Pay Stub Summary report? Typically a report is used for completely separate purposes as a pay stub.

We just need to make the time stub report rows a little bigger or even make it just display the firstname lastname and total earnings per paystub but in 2 columns then we'll cut them up and attach them to the pay envelope. That way we wont have to tinker with the paystubs themselves.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can export the reports to CSV/Excel and modify them their if you like. Modifying the source code to do what you want would likely be a lot of work.
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:You can export the reports to CSV/Excel and modify them their if you like. Modifying the source code to do what you want would likely be a lot of work.
Hi.

I tried to export by clicking the '->Excel' button but nothings happening? Just goes 'processing' then nothing? Should there be an error message or something? Using '->View' provides a proper PDF file.

Thanks..

Have you also seen my screenshot above? Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What web browser and version are you using? Its possible that when you click the Excel icon its downloading the file in the background?
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:What web browser and version are you using? Its possible that when you click the Excel icon its downloading the file in the background?
I tried both firefox and chrome and im on OSX.. still nothing.. no downloads.. but the PDF downloads correctly.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you able to export any other reports to Excel?
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:Are you able to export any other reports to Excel?
Yes same thing.. Just the "processing" box then it vanishes and nothing..

Could you also please check the screenshot I posted above? We cant view the Timesheets properly :(
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

All the timesheets are blank like that?

What version of TimeTrex are you using, and what file did you originally use to install it with?
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:All the timesheets are blank like that?

What version of TimeTrex are you using, and what file did you originally use to install it with?
All timesheets are..

TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v5.2.4.zip
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I would try re-running the installer and making sure there aren't any errors on the requirements page. Also check your PHP/Database errors logs for any hints as well.
thekeymaker

Post by thekeymaker »

shaunw wrote:I would try re-running the installer and making sure there aren't any errors on the requirements page. Also check your PHP/Database errors logs for any hints as well.
I tried re-running the installer 3 times and no errors on the requirements page and cleared my browsers' cache/cookies but still the same :(

I'll check the logs in a while