Ask Exception Report

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
iwanhai

Ask Exception Report

Post by iwanhai »

Hi Support,

i have been using Timetrex more than 2 years and applied exception policy on it

Question :

1. is it possible to export the exception list record that i have applied (eg. late,out early, missing out punch, missing in punch etc ) within punch report/Timesheet report so that there will be late report, out early report or exception applied when i export punch report/timesheet report ?

2. so far as admin i just get notification by email if there was some member did exception and i just go to the exception list page and see one by one the member who is on exception list and it take time i guess so... is there any suggestion/method how to export the exception record instead of go to exception list page ?

Thanks
Regards,
Iwan Hai
Regards,
Iwanhai
shanec

Re: Ask Exception Report

Post by shanec »

The report you're looking for is Reports -> TimeSheet Reports -> Exception Summary
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

hi shanec,

noted and thanks
btw i have upgrade the new version of timetrex version 5.3.3 but the interface seems still using the old version and no menu for exception summary on report page ...any suggestion on it ?

or i have to upgrade with new interface as well so that i can have the exception summary ?

Thanks
Iwan Hai
Regards,
Iwanhai
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

iwanhai wrote:hi shanec,

noted and thanks
btw i have upgrade the new version of timetrex version 5.3.3 but the interface seems still using the old version and no menu for exception summary on report page ...any suggestion on it ?

or i have to upgrade with new interface as well so that i can have the exception summary ?

Thanks
Iwan Hai
just additional question : is it possible to get total minutes late within requested period ?

Thanks Again
Iwan Hai
Regards,
Iwanhai
shanec

Post by shanec »

You may still be using the URL for the old interface. If you go to the TimeTrex login page and then click the “Try our new TimeTrex Interface!” link you should have access to the Exception Summary.

In regards to the report, go to Reports -> TimeSheet Reports -> TimeSheet Summary report and add Scheduled Time Diff. from Display Columns you will be able to see the difference between an employee's scheduled time and the time they actually punched in for work.
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

shanec wrote:You may still be using the URL for the old interface. If you go to the TimeTrex login page and then click the “Try our new TimeTrex Interface!” link you should have access to the Exception Summary.

In regards to the report, go to Reports -> TimeSheet Reports -> TimeSheet Summary report and add Scheduled Time Diff. from Display Columns you will be able to see the difference between an employee's scheduled time and the time they actually punched in for work.
Hi shanec,

Thanks for your info now i can access the new interface by access the page http://host:8085/interface/flex instead of http://host:8085/interface/Login.php

Re : Total Late Time
i have tried even on demo.timetrex.com/interface/flex/?user_name=demoadmin1&password=demo but it seems the report do not show the actual total late time :
lets say eg. Tamera Erschoff 23/05/2013 was punch in on 8:25 AM so base on your explanation the report should show -25 on "Scheduled Time Diff" if i export the data only on said date but the actual report show -16.55 (sample report attached)

can you advise what is the meaning of -16.55 showed on Scheduled Time Diff field ?
is it possible to create custom column on free edition ? ( version 5.3.3 )

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Iwan Hai
Attachments
Tamera.jpg
Tamera.jpg (27.32 KiB) Viewed 10531 times
Timesheet.jpg
Regards,
Iwanhai
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

iwanhai wrote:
shanec wrote:You may still be using the URL for the old interface. If you go to the TimeTrex login page and then click the “Try our new TimeTrex Interface!” link you should have access to the Exception Summary.

Hi shanec,

Thanks for your info now i can access the new interface by access the page http://host:8085/interface/flex instead of http://host:8085/interface/Login.php

Re : Total Late Time
i have tried even on demo.timetrex.com/interface/flex/?user_name=demoadmin1&password=demo but it seems the report do not show the actual total late time :
lets say eg. Tamera Erschoff 23/05/2013 was punch in on 8:25 AM so base on your explanation the report should show -25 on "Scheduled Time Diff" if i export the data only on said date but the actual report show -16.55 (sample report attached)

can you advise what is the meaning of -16.55 showed on Scheduled Time Diff field ?
is it possible to create custom column on free edition ? ( version 5.3.3 )

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Iwan Hai
Hi shanec and shaunw,

kindly please advise for above case

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Iwan Hai
Regards,
Iwanhai
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please try upgrading to the latest version of TimeTrex (v7.0), then try again.
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

shaunw wrote:Please try upgrading to the latest version of TimeTrex (v7.0), then try again.
Hi Shauwn,

i have upgrade the latest one version 7.0 but the calculation seems still not match on total late minute late for each staff if i count it manually ( i have include schedule time diffr on report )
kindly please advice which template on Timesheet Summary should i choose to get correct total minutes late for all staff on custom date ? ( eg. 1 - 31 may )

Thanks in advance
Regads,
iwanhai
Regards,
Iwanhai
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I don't see a copy of report included with your post, can you please try to attach it again?
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

shaunw wrote:I don't see a copy of report included with your post, can you please try to attach it again?
Hi Shauwn

attached is sample report i gathered from my system during custom date = 10 - 13 June 2013
i see still discrepancy about total minutes late :
lets focus on highlighted by yellow on punch summary report ( as attached ) base on attached picture each user have 1 minute total minute late but after get report by timesheet report on with same custom date the result for time schedule diff are not 1 for both user
for user Adista was recorded = 9.73 ( actual is 1 minute ) and Zidny was recorded = 1.52 ( actual is 1 minute )

for your info i did not apply rounding policy both for punch in and punch out ..is it the root cause from this case so that the system will count total hours spent ( time between punch in and out ) by user even they made punch out lately ?

or i have to apply rounding policy only for punch out but not punch in so that schedule time differ will focusing only on punch in and late calculation

kindly please advise

Regards,
iwanhai
Attachments
10 - 13 June Punch Summary.jpg
Sch Time Differf.jpg
Regards,
Iwanhai
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

iwanhai wrote:
shaunw wrote:I don't see a copy of report included with your post, can you please try to attach it again?
Hi Shauwn

attached is sample report i gathered from my system during custom date = 10 - 13 June 2013
i see still discrepancy about total minutes late :
lets focus on highlighted by yellow on punch summary report ( as attached ) base on attached picture each user have 1 minute total minute late but after get report by timesheet report on with same custom date the result for time schedule diff are not 1 for both user
for user Adista was recorded = 9.73 ( actual is 1 minute ) and Zidny was recorded = 1.52 ( actual is 1 minute )

for your info i did not apply rounding policy both for punch in and punch out ..is it the root cause from this case so that the system will count total hours spent ( time between punch in and out ) by user even they made punch out lately ?

or i have to apply rounding policy only for punch out but not punch in so that schedule time differ will focusing only on punch in and late calculation

kindly please advise

Regards,
iwanhai

Hi Shauwn,

kindly please advise for above issue

also i want to ask more about exception late : for old version it is possible to make grace become 0.01 but with latest version seems it is impossible to make grace become 0.01 the minimum grace will be 0.02 even i have set up for 0.01

kindly please advise as well

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Iwanhai
Regards,
Iwanhai
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The "Scheduled Time Diff" column is simply the difference between the total hours the employee worked and the total hours the employee was scheduled to work each day. It is not specifically just how many minutes the employee was late.

As for the grace period, 0.01 of an hour is 36 seconds, when entering time in decimal format TimeTrex will try and round it to the nearest minute, which would be 0.02 of an hour (or more accurately 0.1666... of an hour before rounding).
iwanhai

Post by iwanhai »

shaunw wrote:The "Scheduled Time Diff" column is simply the difference between the total hours the employee worked and the total hours the employee was scheduled to work each day. It is not specifically just how many minutes the employee was late.

As for the grace period, 0.01 of an hour is 36 seconds, when entering time in decimal format TimeTrex will try and round it to the nearest minute, which would be 0.02 of an hour (or more accurately 0.1666... of an hour before rounding).
Hi Shauwn,

thanks for the answer
so base on your clarification it is impossible gathering total minutes late on system directly ?
and after upgrading the latest version it is impossible to make grace period become 0.01 and as sample if the staff was recorded 1 minute late so it will be considered not late coz exception policy have maximal grace period 0.02

kindly please advise

Thanks
Regards,
IwanHai
Regards,
Iwanhai
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Correct, TimeTrex cannot currently tell you how many minutes late an employee was directly.

As for the grace period, if you change your Time Unit format under MyAccount -> Preferences to HH:MM:SS, you should then be able to enter a grace period of just a few seconds, but anything less than one minute may not work the way you expect.