UserDateTotalList

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
fjodevan

UserDateTotalList

Post by fjodevan »

Hi.

I'm finally upgrading Timetrex from version 3.x to the latest one, flex based, and I'm wondering how I can get to the page that has the functionalities displayed by UserDateTotalList.php. :roll:

I've attached a screenshot in order to help. Any hint will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jodevan.
Attachments
timesheet.png
shaunw

Re: UserDateTotalList

Post by shaunw »

What do you primarily use that functionality for currently?
fjodevan

Post by fjodevan »

It's a way to approve overtime hours.
We create a overtime policy that limits the amount of worked hours weekly to let's say, 40h. Whatever amount of extra-hours is caught by this policy (8:18h in the screenshot) and then we use the aforementioned page to add them as regular time. Is that clear enough?
In summary: we use it to approve overtime hours.

Anyways, if there's a better way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jodevan.
andrewbauman

Post by andrewbauman »

I would suggest you create a schedule.
then you can set a exception to email you when someone goes over their scheduled time.

See admin manual.
Andrew Bauman
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

fjodevan wrote:It's a way to approve overtime hours.
We create a overtime policy that limits the amount of worked hours weekly to let's say, 40h. Whatever amount of extra-hours is caught by this policy (8:18h in the screenshot) and then we use the aforementioned page to add them as regular time. Is that clear enough?

What happens if the hours are not approved?
andrewbauman

Post by andrewbauman »

I suppose you would put a dock time amendment on that pay stub.
Andrew Bauman
fjodevan

Post by fjodevan »

shaunw wrote:
fjodevan wrote:It's a way to approve overtime hours.

What happens if the hours are not approved?
They're not paid.

Actually, we don't use Timetrex to track payments. From it, we use only the time tracking features.
From an external tool, we query the regular time from Timetrex database. If the overtime hours haven't been approved, they won't be taken into account. Otherwise, the total time will be equal to the regular time for each day. It was done through the UserDateTotalList page.

Thanks,
Jodevan.
Attachments
Regular time x total time
Regular time x total time
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The method you are using is definitely not the way its designed to work, nor supported. In fact using the Hour List page at all for making adjustments wasn't really what it was designed for as it can cause severe unexpected side effects in some situations, hence the reason its not included in the new interface.

I would maybe recommend trying a "Over Schedule (Weekly)/No Schedule" overtime policy instead. Then you would simply schedule the employees for any "approved" time (whether its over 40hrs in the week or not) and not schedule them for any unapproved time, which would automatically go to your overtime policy to be ignored.

Another method would be to use Departments and premium policies, so all time recorded to a "UnApproved" department is ignored in the premium policy, and all other time is included, then you would base the employees pay directly off the premium policy rather than "Regular Time". This way to switch from approved to unapproved time would be simply a matter of modifying the punch department.
fjodevan

Post by fjodevan »

shaunw wrote:I would maybe recommend trying a "Over Schedule (Weekly)/No Schedule" overtime policy instead. Then you would simply schedule the employees for any "approved" time (whether its over 40hrs in the week or not) and not schedule them for any unapproved time, which would automatically go to your overtime policy to be ignored.
I like this solution, however I have a question: am I able to set a different overtime policy for an arbitrary employee for just a specific week? For instance, one may have his overtime hours approved for a week, but not for another one.

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Not on a weekly basis no, you could do it on a daily basis though.
fjodevan

Post by fjodevan »

shaunw wrote:Not on a weekly basis no, you could do it on a daily basis though.
Looks promising. Would you mind telling me how?

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can create Schedule Policies, which can be assigned on a individual scheduled shift basis to apply different policies such as overtime/premium etc...
fjodevan

Post by fjodevan »

shaunw wrote:You can create Schedule Policies, which can be assigned on a individual scheduled shift basis to apply different policies such as overtime/premium etc...
Thank you very much! This fixes the issue.