Accruals Over Week Incorrect

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
rdecelle

Accruals Over Week Incorrect

Post by rdecelle »

We are using the Community/Online Edition and a variety of Web Browsers for interface. One of the categories of workers we have does a 20 hour work week (4 hours per day / M-F). Any hours over 20 are put into an Accrual Account. This has all been working fine until we started doing some longer shifts. For instance, for a given week, normal hours were worked except Fri-Sun.

I've attached a PDF of a screen shot of one of the worker's time sheets and their accruals. M-TH shows normal Total Times. Once Friday hits (4/3 - 4/5) , with the extended schedule, the Overtime starts showing on the time sheet. However, when looking at the accruals, 4/3 shows only 2:00 hours (should be 10:20), 4/4 shows 3:05 (should be 5:00), but 4/5 shows 7:15, which is correct.

For my policies/settings, I've got:
Accrual - Standard
Overtime - Contributing Shift - Regular, Type - Weekly, Active after 20:00, Pay Code - Overtime-Grad Overtime, Pay Form - By Pay Code
Regular Time - Contributing Shift - Regular, Pay Code Regular Time, Pay Form - By Pay Code
No Break or Meal Policies
Schedule Policy - Meal - None, Break - None, Regular Time - Regular, Overtime Policy - Nothing shows up in the Include/Exclude
Policy Group - Includes all of the above mentioned/associated policies.

Everything seemed to be working exactly as advertised until we got into the long shifts.

Any thoughts?

Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Randy
Attachments
CC_TimeSheet.pdf
Time Sheet and Accrual Listing
(432.88 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
shaunw

Re: Accruals Over Week Incorrect

Post by shaunw »

What version of TimeTrex are you using?
rdecelle

Post by rdecelle »

We're using the Community/Online version. v8.0.6-20150417-082707
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you recalculate the timesheet for that week does it change the Accrual Balance at all?
rdecelle

Post by rdecelle »

Doing a recalculate time sheet doesn't change anything.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Since you are cloud hosted I was able to login to your account, from what I can your screenshot doesn't match the employees actual timesheet, and the accrual balances appear to be correct.
rdecelle

Post by rdecelle »

I'm currently doing some edits, that's why it is reading differently than what you saw in the PDF.

I think I discovered a clue. See the attached PDF showing Accumulated Time for 4/3 (before edits).

It shows different overtime entries for each clock in/out on 4/3. The only one logged in the accrual (see the previous PDF) was the first overtime, the others are not logged.

This is the same for 4/4.

I think the problem has something to do with the person clocking out and then back in on the same day? Because on the 4/5 entry (see the previous PDF) there was no issue, all was accrued properly, but there was also not a multiple clock in/out.

So today, I deleted the various clock in/outs and left the beginning clock in and the ending clock out. The accrual (for that total) shows correctly. Is it possibly something to do with the person taking breaks but not having a meal or break policy in the Group Policy?
Attachments
CC_Accumulated_Time.pdf
(805.34 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you want to put the timesheet back to the original punches that show the problem, we would be happy to look into the issue further, but without doing that there isn't much we can do.
rdecelle

Post by rdecelle »

I have returned it to the original time punches.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This issue should be corrected for you now, however you may need to recalculate the employees timesheets to see the correction.
rdecelle

Post by rdecelle »

Is fixed! Many thanks!