Supervisors should not be able to add or delete employees

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex

Should Supervisors Be Allowed To Delete User Data or Delete Users?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 2

Nox

Supervisors should not be able to add or delete employees

Post by Nox »

Supervisors should not be able to add or delete employees from the system.

Deleting (or adding) employees is a permanent action and should be reserved for System Admins as we consider these types of actions system altering. We also don't think they should be able to modify employee data either. That is all handled on an administrative basis (payroll or HR typically handles this function).

Please consider changing these permissions as now that we have discovered this, the software is a LOT less useful to us. It may seem silly, but we have multiple supervisors, 1 HR person and 1 Payroll person. All of those people having access to delete employees is uncomfortable at best.

We may have to actually remove all supervisor rights and have the admin run reports for the call center. It's not a trust issue, its just that our supervisors are not payroll personnel. Their only function should be to approve time, modify time sheets, modify accrual data and run reports on their subordinates only, unless they are a department head - in which case they can be all employees.

I have added a poll to help you gather opinions if this is the first time you have seen this request. I know my company is known for erring on the side caution and restricting access, where other companies might not have as many separations of duties.

I am also willing to engage in dialogue for suggestions or more understanding of your position if you feel this is a feature that would not be implemented.

Thank you for listening.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This is simply a permission issue, TimeTrex already allows this, just not as a default setting.

You can setup the permissions however you like, denying delete access for employees is quite simple to do. For smaller companies (by far the vast majority of TimeTrex customers) supervisors need to have these capabilities, so this is unlikely to change anytime in the future. But as stated above, simply create a custom Permission Group that does exactly what you want and assign the Supervisors to that.
Nox

Post by Nox »

Actually, now that you pointed that out, that solves what I was asking for. That explains why nobody was asking for it. :)

I didn't see it in the University and I overlooked it in the Menus. My bad. Thanks again as always Shaun!