Delicious      Technorati      Blinklist      Furl      Reddit

TimeTrex Time and Attendance

TimeTrex Time and Attendance

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: database for TimeTrex
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:02 am 

Hello,

I have install TimeTrex on our Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop Version.
I want to know which database is used by TimeTrex? and How do I get backup of that database in linux?

Thanks in advance,
Nitin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:09 am 

The TimeTrex automated installer uses PostgreSQL by default and also automatically creates a backup of the database in the TimeTrex directory each night.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:27 am 

Thanks Shaun for your reply,

can you please know me full path of the database backup file?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:41 am 

Because TimeTrex allows you to install it anywhere you like, all I can tell you is that the backup file is inside the TimeTrex directory, where ever you installed it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:25 pm 

A quick question about the backup, does your setup take into account aging out the backups that the system makes every night? Or should the average user setup something like find /home/timetrex/timetrex/timetrex_database*.sql +mtime=8 -delete in a cron job?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 pm 

A correction to my own post

find /home/timetrex/timetrex/timetrex_database*.sql -mtime+8 -delete

this searches the timetrex directory (in my case under user timetrex in /home/timetrex) for the file pattern timetrex_database*.sql (the naming scheme this install is using by default) and deletes them if they are more than 8 days old.

Ignore my first post, I have no idea where my mind was when I typed that first example command.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm 

I'm more familiar with the windows version (I have installed on*buntu once, just for future reference, and to make sure the database restore from windows to linux and vice-versa would work properly {it does!} and because I would prefer to have it running on linux, but all of the available servers I had at the time were windows based....)

BUT... (after the long tangent) Timetrex by default keeps a rolling 5 days of database backups. I personally also setup a small bat file to copy those backups to an offsite backup location, and there I keep a rolling 30 days (If I'm going to make backups, I prefer to err on the paranoid side... But the thought of actually having to roll back a month in the time system scares me as much not having the backups!)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]