Military Hundreths

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
ssundquist

Military Hundreths

Post by ssundquist »

We would like to have the option of all punch times being in military hundreths. We have to enter time into our business system in all military hundreths. Being able to run the punch summary report is very nice being able to see the total time (for each in/out punch) in military hundreths, but the having the in/out times in hundreths would save our management a ton of time. Any work/arounds or code changes would be appreciated to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!

-Shawn
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

My Account -> Preferences -> Time Units

Please see the Employee Preferences video located at our Online University as well:
http://www.timetrex.com/university.php
ssundquist

Post by ssundquist »

I'm looking for a change of time format, not time units. Time units calculate the time format into hundreths. I'm looking for everything to be in hundreths. So when the report is ran the in, out, and total all show in hundreths. If it's supposed to do that now, it's not. I have my test user set to 20:09 for time format and time units as Hours (2.25).

We are a service center and our business system requires that we enter the in and out time as hundreths. Right now the service managers take the techs time card and look at a hundreths conversion chart then inputs it into the business system. If TimeTrex had the option for all hundreths we could just copy and paste right from the report. Hope this makes sense...
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Can you give me an example of the times, how you want to enter them, and how you want them to be displayed?
ssundquist

Post by ssundquist »

When a tech clocks in at 3:30 p.m. and clocks out at 4:15 p.m., our managers have to enter their time into our business system as 15.50 (3:30) and 16.25 (4:15). I know...it's ridiculous, but that's what we have to deal with. Does this help?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Change your time format to 24hr clock (20:09) and enter it exactly how you specified:

Or you can enter it as:

15:30

TimeTrex should accept either without any problems.
ssundquist

Post by ssundquist »

Thanks, I will give that a try. Do you see what I mean about entering time as hundreths though? 20:45 (in regular military time) = 20.75 (in military hundredths). So you think it will work if we manually add our time as 20.75?
ssundquist

Post by ssundquist »

Even as an administrator I cannot change the time when punching in. It is greyed out. How would someone enter it manually?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Go to TimeSheet -> MyTimeSheet, and click on a blank cell, or an already existing punch to add/edit it.

If you use the In/Out button in menu that is just for employees to punch in/out, and therefore does not allow them to change the time.
ssundquist

Post by ssundquist »

I logged in as a regular employee and used the in/out button to created two punches today. When I go to Timesheet > MyTimesheet I cannot click to edit the existing punches. There are no blank spaces to enter a new in punch as well,... help?

-Shawn
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Only supervisors or administrators can add/edit punches through TimeSheet -> MyTimeSheet.

Regular employees cannot.