Still Fail on Everything Matching

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Siltlifted

Still Fail on Everything Matching

Post by Siltlifted »

To say I'm frustrated would be a severe understatement.

We've had timetrex for about a year now - has run flawlessly until someone decided to start flipping switches on our breakerbox.

Now, I'm working to move it to a true server, but struggling. I've got a backup which I've attempted to load into a working secondary installation - that failed, and now I can't get the secondary installation to allow me past step 3 - Database Configuration.

I've checked my timetrex.ini.php file, and the info there matches exactly to what is listed on the Step 3 page, but it still fails.

Also, it might be good to document in the program the files to save with the backup file - I don't have my old timetrex.ini.php file, so I think I'm up a creek on the old transplant, but someone might know better.

As is, I'm stuck in the water, and can't get any further, and have currently spent hours reading the boards and trying various 'fixes'

I"m working in windows, and have used the 3.5 installer that is offered on the download site.
shaunw

Re: Still Fail on Everything Matching

Post by shaunw »

Siltlifted

Post by Siltlifted »

Yep, had seen that - doesn't really relate to the problem I have.

At this point, I've completely redrawn my policies/employees/schedules/payperiods, and I have a back up file that is just hanging there doing nothing for me, and having caused me a day and a half of unproductive work.

Not sure whether to try and get that data back into the new database or not - each time I tried, it fouled something up and I couldn't even get to the login, so.....

Don't get me wrong - I really like Time Trex, but the error situations have alot to be desired in the preventative and corrective measures.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I would recommend considering an extended support package and have one of our support reps do the restore for you. Usually these can be done in less than an hour.