date error on install

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
rbees

date error on install

Post by rbees »

install.php is not running

all software installed is from Debian Testing (wheezy {bug squshing mode})

I am using the manual install method on TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v5.0.7.zip

I extracted the files and copied them to /var/www/html/TimeTrex

When I first ran /TimeTrex/interface/install/install.php it came up to a file called License.php?external_installer=0 and the browser screen was blank. I turned on debugging and now I get this error

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /var/www/html/TimeTrex/includes/Database.inc.php on line 117

I looked at line 117 and I don't understand what to change. I ran date('e') in terminal and got a syntax error. I have tried several varieties of the date command with no joy. I even used "EDT" and it still complains.

php5.4.4-2
mysql 5.5.24+dfsg-4
apache2 2.2.22-9

from the log file

---------------[ Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:35:18 +0000 (PID: 7064) ]---------------
DEBUG [L0386] [954ms]: <b>[Function]()</b>: URI: /html/TimeTrex/interface/install/License.php?external_installer=
0 IP Address: 127.0.0.1<br>
DEBUG [L0388] [954ms]: <b>[Function]()</b>: Version: 5.0.7 Edition: 10 Production: 0 Demo Mode: 0<br>
DEBUG [L0117] [970ms]: <b>Debug::ErrorHandler()</b>: PHP ERROR - NOTICE(8): Use of undefined constant EDT - assum
ed 'EDT' File: /var/www/html/TimeTrex/includes/Database.inc.php Line: 117<br>
DEBUG [L0117] [970ms]: <b>Debug::ErrorHandler()</b>: PHP ERROR - WARNING(2): date(): It is not safe to rely on th
e system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set
() function. In case you u<br>
DEBUG [L0117] [970ms]: <b>Debug::ErrorHandler()</b>: sed any of those methods and you are still getting this warn
ing, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set da
te.timezone to select your<br>
DEBUG [L0117] [970ms]: <b>Debug::ErrorHandler()</b>: timezone. File: /var/www/html/TimeTrex/includes/Database.in
c.php Line: 117<br>
DEBUG [L0167] [977ms]: <b>TTDate::setTimeZone()</b>: Setting TimeZone: ESunUTC<br>
DEBUG [L0184] [983ms]: <b>Debug::Text()</b>: Detected PHP errors (2), emailing log...<br>
DEBUG [L0184] [983ms]: <b>Debug::Text()</b>: ---------------[ Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:35:18 +0000 (PID: 7064) ]------
---------<br>
---------------[ Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:35:18 +0000 (PID: 7064) ]---------------
shaunw

Re: date error on install

Post by shaunw »

This is caused by your php.ini file not specifying a default timezone, alternatively you can also specify a default timezone in the timetrex.ini.php by adding this line:

system_timezone = EST5EDT

Below the "[other]" section.
rbees

Post by rbees »

Thanks shaunw

That took care of that problem, but now I don't get anything on the browser screen when it tries to load the license page. There are no entries in /var/log/timetrex/timetrex.log relating to the change.

I don't understand how to implement the php logging that is discribed in the before you post post.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

A blank page is almost always a fatal PHP error, you need to check your PHP error log or enable display_errors in your php.ini file to see what the error is.
rbees

Post by rbees »

still no joy,

I did find this in syslog after I enabled php logging

php5: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525/
suhosin.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525/suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unkn
own on line 0

so I installed php5-suhosin

I tried enabeling more error logging but I am still getting a blank screen. I have tried with different browsers and no joy.

I have also tried removing my manual install and running the TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v5.0.7-linux-installer.bin but had no joy.

I chmod +x the file and
sh TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v5.0.7-linux-installer.bin
TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v5.0.7-linux-installer.bin: 1: TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v5.0.7-linux-installer.bin: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

no joy. I get the same error wether I use root or normal user.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The TimeTrex binary installer is 32-bit only, so you need to make sure you are running a 32-bit operating system or at least have the 32-bit libraries installed.
rbees

Post by rbees »

Thanks for the clues.

I did finally figure out how to get the install script to run and we have joy :D .

It would be really helpfull if there were some kind of instructions on how to do the install in linux. Attach a "read.me" to the bin and send it as a zip or something. A FAQ on your site would also work.

What I had to do....

1. make the file executable
2. launch it with ./<filename> (not sh ./<filename> ) as a normal user not as root

3. some kind of instruction on how to actully install it into the web-server directory in /var/www/ or other such would be nice

Question: What about installing on a server that has no gui? Will the install bin work without a gui?

Now the learning proccess begins

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, the installer works completely from the command line without a GUI too.