Blank Page

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
smora

Blank Page

Post by smora »

I am trying to install the Time Trex Standard Edition on a Windows 2003 server. At this point I am getting a Blank License.php page. Please advise.
Saul
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

smora

Blank License.PHP Page

Post by smora »

1. After navigating to the following URL: "http://LocalHost/TimeTrex/interface/install/install.php" I am redirected to the License.php page which comes up blank. There are no error messages displayed on the page. Nor do I find any error messages listed in the error log.

2. Before reaching the blank License.php page, I installed Pear by running the "go-pear.bat" which instructed me to run "pear.bat". I'm not sure if I installed Soap correctly, but I made sure it was enabled in the PHP.ini.

3. TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.6.3
4. PHP 5.2.1
5. Windows Server 2003 SP2
6. IIS 6
7. ("error_log = c:\error.txt" in PHP.INI) No errors appear in the log.
8. enable = TRUE
enable_display = TRUE
buffer_output = TRUE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 11
Saul
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Did you restart IIS after changing your php.ini file?

A blank page means a php fatal error occurred, so it should show up in your php error log. You can also try enabling display_errors in your php.ini just in case.
smora

BLank License.PHP Page

Post by smora »

I enabled the Display_errors parameter in the php.ini and Restarted IIS)No errors were recorded in the error log (c:\error.txt). Now I get "page cannot be displayed when I enter the following: url=http://localhost/TimeTrex/interface/install/install.php
Saul
smora

Blank Page

Post by smora »

I ran the the "go-pear.bat" file to install PEAR. But now I receive the following message:

Warning: include(PEAR.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\interface\install\install.php on line 58

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PEAR.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\interface\install\install.php on line 58
PHP's PEAR package is not installed. TimeTrex requires PEAR to be installed.
On Windows PHP includes a file called go-pear.bat that you can use to install PEAR.
Saul
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

PHP is looking inside C:\php5\pear for PEAR.php. Are you sure thats where go-pear.bat installed it?
smora

Blank Page

Post by smora »

Pear.php was placed in the following path: c:\php\pear\. I copied the files from the c:\php\pear folder and placed them in the following path: c:\php5\pear. That seamed to resolve the Pear issue for now. I still get a Blank License.php Page. While I was waiting for a reply to my prior message, I decided to to try installing the Time and Attendance application along with PHP and MySql on a clean install of Windows Server 2003 Web Edition to see if I received the same issues. The results were exaclty the same.
Saul
smora

Blank Page

Post by smora »

I turned debug on within the timetrex.ini.php and received the following message:

Warning: Smarty::include(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\templates_c\\%%7D^7DD^7DDF92DF%%License.tpl.php) [function.Smarty-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 1258

Warning: Smarty::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\templates_c\\%%7D^7DD^7DDF92DF%%License.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\core;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\pear;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\company;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\users;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\punch;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\schedule;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\department;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\help;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\client;C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\classes\modules\document; in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 1258
Saul
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It says it can't find this file:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTrex\classes\smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php

Does that file exist?

Where would it be if it is not there?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Mike just informed me that another customer running Windows Server 2003 had this same issue, and it was fixed once they enabled modify permissions for the IIS user on the templates_c directory.

Full instructions here:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=66
smora

Blank Page

Post by smora »

Thanks, for that piece of information. That allowed for me to get to the database configuration screen. I can now run tests on the database connection and receive a successful confirmation. After the Database configuration screen, I receive the following message:

Down for Maintenance

TimeTrex is currently undergoing maintenance. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try back later.

Any Ideas?
Saul
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The down for maintenance page shows up when a database error has occurred. So you will need to enable debugging in your timetrex.ini.php with verbosity 11 so you can see what SQL query is causing the failure.

You will want to check your logs as well.
Das Goat

Blank Liscense PHP

Post by Das Goat »

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=66

This worked like a charm! Now I have lots of other things to fix, but at lease I can see what the errors are.
electrogoodie

We have the same problem

Post by electrogoodie »

I am also running Windows 2003 Server enterprise edition SP1 with IIS V6.0, MySQL 5.0.45, PHP 5.2.3 & TimeTrex 2.0.2. It made me almos crazy and sleepless for two weeks. I have read almost everything on this forum and found out that most systems having IIS will have PHP installed as in CGI Mode (correct me if I am wrong) and unfortunately it isnt supported yet. So what I did was to install TimeTrex 2.0.2 in another machine running Windows XP SP2, Apache 2.2.4 (very stable), MySQL 5.0.45, PHP 5.2.3. Everything works now perfectly and smoothly. I'm studying the ADMINISTRATOR GUIDE now to setup everything in scheduling, attendance, job costing, document management, invoicing and payroll. Hopefully I can post my success at SUCCESS STORIES AND TESTIMONIALS section of this forum next week.
Melon shake
Hago