Pay Periods no longer being generated.

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jmccorison

Pay Periods no longer being generated.

Post by jmccorison »

Mac OS X 10.10.1
TimeTrex 7.4.7
Automated Install

Our pay periods are no longer being generated. To be honest, I'm not sure when it stopped as we run payroll infrequently. Turning on the debug flags and running AddPayPeriod.php yields the following results:

Code: Select all

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /Applications/TimeTrex/timetrex/includes/global.inc.php on line 124
The above warning is repeated three different times. I've tried to resolve it by setting the date.timezone variable in timetrex.ini.php with no success. Given that it is a warning I'm inclined to think that it isn't the cause of my problem, although I would like to get it resolved.

The rest of the output is as follows:

<br>
<b>Debug Buffer</b><br>
============================================================================<br>
Memory Usage: 2553176 Buffer Size: 13<br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
DEBUG [L0462] [5ms]:	<b>[Function]()</b>: Version: 7.4.7 Edition: 10 Production: 1 Database: Type: postgres8 Name: timetrex Config: /Applications/TimeTrex/timetrex/includes/../timetrex.ini.php Demo Mode: 0<br>
DEBUG [L0101] [17ms]:	<b>[Function]()</b>: Error connecting to the database!<br>
DEBUG [L0061] [17ms]:	<b>DBError::__construct()</b>: Begin Exception...<br>
DEBUG [L0062] [17ms] Array: <b>DBError::__construct()</b>:  BackTrace: 
<pre>string(219) "#0.Debug::backTrace()
#1.DBError->__construct(Object(ADODB_Exception))
#2.require_once(/Applications/TimeTrex/timetrex/includes/Database.inc.php)
#3.require_once(/Applications/TimeTrex/timetrex/includes/global.inc.php)
"

</pre><br>
DEBUG [L0069] [18ms]:	<b>DBError::__construct()</b>: postgres7 error: [-1: Missing extension for postgres] in CONNECT(localhost:5433, 'timetrex', '****', timetrex)
<br>
DEBUG [L0077] [18ms]:	<b>DBError::__construct()</b>: End Exception...<br>
============================================================================<br>
It seems that AddPayPeriods can't connect to the postgres database, yet everything from the web interface seems to be running correctly.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
shaunw

Re: Pay Periods no longer being generated.

Post by shaunw »

It sounds like PHP isn't able to access its .ini file that tells it to enable the PostgreSQL extension (this could be a result of how you ran the command itself), or you have more than one copy of PHP installed and they are conflicting with one another.
jmccorison

Re: Pay Periods no longer being generated.

Post by jmccorison »

shaunw wrote:It sounds like PHP isn't able to access its .ini file that tells it to enable the PostgreSQL extension (this could be a result of how you ran the command itself), or you have more than one copy of PHP installed and they are conflicting with one another.
Bingo! Give the man a kewpie doll.

Thinking it over last night, I believe this may have broken when I upgrade to Yosemite (10.10). It appears the php is now installed in /usr/bin as well as in the TimeTrex directory structure. I ran the process as:

/Applications/TimeTrex/php/bin/php /Applications/TimeTrex/timetrex/maint/AddPayPeriod.php
It worked fine and properly created my pay periods. That also resolved the time zone warnings. Now to dig into cron.php and see why it isn't running it that way.

Thanks for the help.