Not able to change the Company's Full Name

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
ksakhamuri

Not able to change the Company's Full Name

Post by ksakhamuri »

I recently started using the community edition and we are using this for a sole proprietorship. I guess, we set it up using the DBA name and that's what is now showing in the Full Name too. But, I guess we need the owner's name to show on the tax documents. And I tried to change the Full Name under the company information and no matter how many times I try to change and save, it doesn't really get saved / registered. Is that not allowed or is there different place to edit such information?

Thanks,
Kalyan
shanec

Re: Not able to change the Company's Full Name

Post by shanec »

Company information can be changed at the Legal Entity, located by clicking Company -> Legal Entities

For more information please see the Legal Entities section of the TimeTrex Administrator Guide:
https://help.timetrex.com/v16.0/communi ... tities.htm

The Contact person for tax documents can be changed at Payroll -> Remittance Agencies

For more information please see the Remittance Agencies and Events section of the TimeTrex Administrator Guide:
https://help.timetrex.com/v16.0/communi ... encies.htm
ksakhamuri

Post by ksakhamuri »

Hello,
Thank you for the response. I was able to change the "Legal Name" under the Legal Entity as the full name and left the Trade Name as the "DBA name". However, when I generate the W2/W3 or the 941s, it still uses the Trade Name, which is what shows as the Company Name under the Company Information.
shanec

Post by shanec »

Whatever the Legal Entity's Trade Name is is what will show up on tax documents.