Re-calculate company - what is it, how to disable?

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jlim

Re-calculate company - what is it, how to disable?

Post by jlim »

Using v.2.2.2

Looking at the timesheet for a REGULAR EMPLOYEE access, there are 3 actions available:

1. Recalculate Employee
2. Recalculate Company
3. Recalculate Paystub

What does these 3 do exactly? If one doesn't select the ACTION and SUBMIT before VERIFY, what are the consequences?

Also, how does one disable (2). Doesn't seem to make sense what this does (based on the pop-up alert - Are you sure you want to recalculate the timesheets for every employee?) for a REGULAR EMPLOYEE access level.

Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The entire dropdown/submit button doesn't appear for regular employees unless you have specifically changed the permissions to give them access to do so.

I would recommend re-applying the "Regular Employee" permission preset to the "Regular Employee" permission group to correct the permissions if they have been changed.
jlim

Post by jlim »

I reset REGULAR EMPLOYEE to the default. And the SUBMIT doesn't appear.

However, I need to customize the screen. We are not planning on using the IN/OUT option but would like to allow the user to actually click on the timesheet.

So, I just made these 2 changes and the SUBMIT recalculate appears again.

This is what I changed:

Under PERMISSION GROUPS->EDIT REGULAR EMPLOYEE->DISPLAY PERMISSION [ATTENDANCE] ..

[PUNCH]

Enabled EDIT OWN
Disabled PUNCH IN/OUT

Refresh the JDOE/REGULAR EMPLOYEE screen, the SUBMIT option appears.

The thing that makes it appear is the EDIT OWN.

Is this a bug, or is there another thing I need to enable to allow a regular employee to actually click on the MY TIMESHEET view and click in the actual cell, instead of relying on the IN/OUT feature?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In some scenarios the recalculation functions are needed, but I agree, this probably isn't one of them. I will mention this to the developers and see if there is anything they can do about it.